Ordinary citizens acting like Antifa Watch

Factual
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Please look at the video below. Alex Jones is walking around a US city being a bit provocative with right wing views and a number of people are walking up to him swearing at him or being violent.

I have done some experiments myself and experienced the same. When you tell them that George Soros defends Nazi collaboration and at the same time sponsors BLM and Antifa that get massively triggered (because it exposes the fact that they are ideological useful idiots). They don't have any real facts because they get everything from the #fakenews.

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some mean words and a bit of luke-warm coffee is enough to get you labeled a terrorist? Just how soft are Alex Jones and his supporters?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not really sure at what point "anti-fascism" became a political movement rather than a default state of being.

One would think, following the atrocities of the second world war, that anyone and everyone would endeavour to fight fascism in all it's forms - for posterity.
Factual
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quantex)
Some mean words and a bit of luke-warm coffee is enough to get you labeled a terrorist? Just how soft are Alex Jones and his supporters?
If it's the left wing using words plus coffee then it's fine, if it's the right, they would probably be arrested. If it was the Neo-Nazis, there would probably be a riot.
Factual
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
I'm not really sure at what point "anti-fascism" became a political movement rather than a default state of being.

One would think, following the atrocities of the second world war, that anyone and everyone would endeavour to fight fascism in all it's forms - for posterity.
No one can define fascism so it's a stupid position.

Surely anti-fascist need to oppose the merge of corporations and state that is seen in massive American political blocks like too big to fail banks, defence contractors and corporate lobbyists donating millions. Not to mention George Soros funding Antifa and Black Lives Matters at the same time as defending his Nazi collaboration. Anyone who claims to be an anti fascist is a useful idiot being handled by transactionalists.
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Factual)

Surely anti-fascist need to oppose the merge of corporations and state that is seen in massive American political blocks like too big to fail banks, defence contractors and corporate lobbyists donating millions. Not to mention George Soros funding Antifa and Black Lives Matters at the same time as defending his Nazi collaboration. Anyone who claims to be an anti fascist is a useful idiot being handled by transactionalists.
Many can and have defined fascism - most dictionaries, to begin with.

Hitler also liked painting, but I don't see you criticizing the Tate Modern for having paintings by completely unrelated individuals in them.

Really, this is just a poor attempt at trolling. If you're going to try and have an argument against a position, try to have more than a singular point to defend your own position and attack the opposing one.
Factual
Rep:
?
Many can and have defined fascism - most dictionaries, to begin with.

Hitler also liked painting, but I don't see you criticizing the Tate Modern for having paintings by completely unrelated individuals in them.

Really, this is just a poor attempt at trolling. If you're going to try and have an argument against a position, try to have more than a singular point to defend your own position and attack the opposing one.
Well it must be a very poor definition seeing as Anti-fascist don't really understand who they are calling fascists.

People in Nazi costumes, fascists
Right wing libertarians, fascists
Trump supporters, fascists
Christians, fascists

Anyone who doesnt believe in the current position of left wing progressive Marxist dogma I.e. Pulling down statues - fascist

Merger between state & corporations (the actual definition of fascism) - No that's Obama/ Hillary - they are our people that Antifascists think
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Worth repeating. But bigger.
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well it must be a very poor definition seeing as Anti-fascist don't really understand who they are calling fascists.

Christians, fascists

Anyone who doesnt believe in the current position of left wing progressive Marxist dogma I.e. Pulling down statues - fascist

Merger between state & corporations (the actual definition of fascism) - No that's Obama/ Hillary - they are our people that Antifascists think
"Definition of fascism:
1 : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control"

So...yes, by definition those categories are all fascists, with the exception of "christian" where the correct context is "US far right fundamentalist evangelical Christians" who would fall under that definition...in the specific context of the US far right fundamentalist evangelical Christians only. Also your definition of fascism is...incorrect? Like it's not even close to correct. I mean, literally nothing about your posts make sense so...good job for proving not only to me, but to everyone else with an internet connection that you're an idiot?
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All good dictionaries seem to have managed. And anyone who has studied 20th century history. And many children.
Why do you find it difficult?
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I think the problem came when someone decided that a facist is anyone with an opinion that strayed from the mainstream narrative. It's funny really; the anti fascists are more fascist than the people they're against
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
a political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition (Merriam-Webster)
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Christians, fascists

Ah, I see what your problem is now. You think that that opponents of fascism assume that everyone in your list is a fascist. They don't. Just those who support fascism.
You see, "opponents of fascism" tend to have a large Venn overlap with "intelligent" and "well informed", whereas for "supporters of fascism", those circles are just a dot in the distance.
Factual
Rep:
?
"Definition of fascism:
1 : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control"

So...yes, by definition those categories are all fascists, with the exception of "christian" where the correct context is "US far right fundamentalist evangelical Christians" who would fall under that definition...in the specific context of the US far right fundamentalist evangelical Christians only. Also your definition of fascism is...incorrect? Like it's not even close to correct. I mean, literally nothing about your posts make sense so...good job for proving not only to me, but to everyone else with an internet connection that you're an idiot?
Yes but also you're an idiot. Almost every culture and regime in the world has a sense of nation, race, centralised government, an exhausted leader, high use of centralised power, economic regimentation, social regimentation and suppression of opposition.

I see what this definition is tying to do. It's trying to paint a picture of the fascist regimes of the 1930s/40s like Germany, Italy and Spain but is finding it difficult because the definition ends up covering much of the human condition.

I suppose that this lack of a robust definition that actually captures the specific regimes that Anti-fascists want to discuss helps to keep them targeting anyone who doesn't want to flexible pull down statues as fascists.
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes but also you're an idiot. Almost every culture and regime in the world has a sense of nation, race, centralised government, an exhausted leader, high use of centralised power, economic regimentation, social regimentation and suppression of opposition.

I see what this definition is tying to do. It's trying to paint a picture of the fascist regimes of the 1930s/40s like Germany, Italy and Spain but is finding it difficult because the definition ends up covering much of the human condition.

I suppose that this lack of a robust definition that actually captures the specific regimes that Anti-fascists want to discuss helps to keep them targeting anyone who doesn't want to flexible pull down statues as fascists.
Definition of fascism:

2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

Grade: U

Please reattempt exercise after reviewing bolded areas in the context of the full definition.
Raptok
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I don't think fascism is what people should be fighting so hard, but instead they should be fighting authoritarianism. The ideas in fascism are stupid enough to be debunked in a simple debate.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
targeting anyone who doesn't want to flexible pull down statues as fascists.
Ah, I see another of you problems now.

You see, it isn't about "pulling down statues", it's actually about "not venerating historical symbols of social hate or division".
Also, remember that opponents of fascism don't see everyone who opposes pulling down statues as fascists. Only those who express fascist ideology.

It really isn't that complicated.

I get the feeling that if someone politely refused your invitation to go on a date, you'd scream "WHY DO YOU HATE ME!!" in their face.
Factual
Rep:
?
(Original post by QE2)
Ah, I see another of you problems now.

You see, it isn't about "pulling down statues", its actually about "not venerating historical symbols of social hate or division".
Also, remember that opponents of fascism don't see everyone who opposes pulling down statues as fascists. Only those who express fascist ideology.

It really isn't that complicated.

I get the feeling that if someone politely refused your invitation to go on a date, you'd scream "WHY DO YOU HATE ME!!" in their face.
Symbols of hate, no it's just the world at the time.

Surely you must defend pulling the Egyptian pyramids down because they were build by slaves? No - I see only for white western people.

We are resisting liberal left social justice warrior lunatics - it's not fascism - it's resisting lunatics who don't even have a consistent narrative themselves.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Symbols of hate, no it's just the world at the time.
A statue is not "just the world at the time", It is a present day commemoration and celebration of "the world at the time". That is a big difference.

Surely you must defend pulling the Egyptian pyramids down because they were build by slaves?
Firstly, the pyramids were not built by slaves (but then we know that history isn't one of your strong points).
Second, archaeological remains are not a present day celebration of the ideology of the builders, they are a part of history.
I would support pulling down a modern statue of Hitler in Auschwitz town square, but I would not support demolishing the camp buildings.
See the difference?

We are resisting liberal left social justice warrior lunatics - it's not fascism - it's resisting lunatics who don't even have a consistent narrative themselves.
I'm sure that made perfect sense in your head.
Factual
Rep:
?
(Original post by QE2)
I'm sure that made perfect sense in your head.
Well I guess we need to get rid of the Egyptian decorations at Harrods and the Aztec decorations at the Atlantis hotel chains in pure libtard style because they represent oppressive slave owning fascist cultures.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (39)
24.22%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (55)
34.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (27)
16.77%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (14)
8.7%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (26)
16.15%

Watched Threads