The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2018 University of Edinburgh applicants and hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ailie
I'm from Scotland so Edinburgh is not too far from me! what about you?

I live near Paris :smile: have you heard back from any of your choices? :smile: what do you think of Scotland?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
When will UK/English applicants get an offer/rejection? It's the only uni which I haven't got an offer from yet.. and just want to get this process over and done with ugh. Like has anyone got an offer/rejection yet?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CompSciCat
Got an offer for Computer Science just now!! (Conditions: 1,3 with 13 points in two Leistungskurse (which we don't have in Bavaria, so they probably just mean my Abitur subjects) including mathematics, if any German applicants are interested)

Unfortunately I can't be properly happy about it because I'm in the unusual situation that I am classified as a Overseas applicant (which is why probably got the offer so early), but I will become EU very soon (naturalised German citizen) which means that my status changes and my offer could be withdrawn... I contacted them about it when I applied and they said that this status change in the future was noted, so hopefully they took that under consideration, gonna e-mail them again to ask

Thanks for sharing! Hope to get an offer under this conditions too..
(edited 6 years ago)
Any international applicants for biomedical sciences receive any decisions yet? The wait is killing me ;;;
Reply 324
Wow! I went to Paris in the summer and I loved it! and I'm learning french at the moment :smile: My school have told us that we are to send our applications away in 2 weeks but I plan to do mine on wednesday this week! So I have not heard back from any of my other choices :frown: What about you?

Original post by Arcadia123
I live near Paris :smile: have you heard back from any of your choices? :smile: what do you think of Scotland?
Hey guys!
Is anyone applying for an Economics or Accounting degree?
Original post by Ailie
Wow! I went to Paris in the summer and I loved it! and I'm learning french at the moment :smile: My school have told us that we are to send our applications away in 2 weeks but I plan to do mine on wednesday this week! So I have not heard back from any of my other choices :frown: What about you?

Aha I'm glad you enjoyed the city :smile: Are you learning French as part of your Scottish Highers?
I sent mine on September 6th (as I'm a EU applicant I didn't need to wait for my school to send it or anything like that)
I haven't heard back yet either and it's quite stressful ^^ I think the stress of not knowing whether I'll get an offer somewhere adds up to the stress of not knowing what country I'll end up studying in :biggrin:
Good luck with your sending your application! :smile:
Original post by Crystal_M
Hey guys!
Is anyone applying for an Economics or Accounting degree?

meeeee
Original post by Perthite
I'm Home/EU fee status (English but live in Scotland so SAAS pay my fees), and I'm still waiting for a decision on my application to MA Politics. Truthfully, it's unlikely we'll hear back until February/March time, but such is life.

Sorry, I just seen your reply! Good luck on your offer! It’s really nerve wracking having to wait this long, Glasgow got back to me after 2 weeks! Where else have you applied to?
Original post by Beth5678
Sorry, I just seen your reply! Good luck on your offer! It’s really nerve wracking having to wait this long, Glasgow got back to me after 2 weeks! Where else have you applied to?

I applied to Glasgow (got an unconditional a few days after sending my application off) for Politics, Stirling for Law and for Politics (got unconditionals for both), and St. Andrews for International Relations. Edinburgh is probably my first choice, followed by Glasgow. Good luck with getting an offer as well!
Original post by Perthite
I applied to Glasgow (got an unconditional a few days after sending my application off) for Politics, Stirling for Law and for Politics (got unconditionals for both), and St. Andrews for International Relations. Edinburgh is probably my first choice, followed by Glasgow. Good luck with getting an offer as well!

That’s amazing, congratulations! Edinburgh is my insurance choice if I get an offer and Glasgow is my firm!
Hello, my name is Vanessa and I am impatiently waiting for Edinburgh to get back to me cause its the only university that hasn't gotten back to me...

I am doing LLB law with business management and I am an international student... :biggrin:
I'm French :smile: What about you (as you said you were on the verge of gaining citizenship)? I'm really fascinated by Germany (and that giant swimming pool I went to when I was visiting Munich aha), and I learn the language, which I'm totally in love with (my dream is to be able to read Arthur Schnitzler without having to look up words, I love him so much).
I've looked into applying for programmes in Germany in case the Scotland thing doesn't work out but unis don't seem to offer that much English-taught undergrad degrees (I'm applying for International Relations :smile:

German here and also applying for IR and IR with International Law. Did you already got an offer or so?
Original post by C_Adrienne
German here and also applying for IR and IR with International Law. Did you already got an offer or so?

Hey :smile: No I haven't received any offers yet.. From what I've seen EU students hear back from Scottish unis later in the year... Have you had any?
Hey :smile: No I haven't received any offers yet.. From what I've seen EU students hear back from Scottish unis later in the year... Have you had any?

Nope not yet :frown:
Original post by C_Adrienne
Nope not yet :frown:

well good luck :smile:
Original post by SusanC
Yes, it's possible. I'm from Scotland and just got an unconditional yesterday to study theoretical physics.

I've applied for Theoretical Physics too but heard nothing! Arghhhhh! Congratulations to you. I'm from Scotland also, but applying for 2nd year direct entry. What year did you apply for? What grades do you have? I've got 5 Upper As in my Highers and doing 3 Advanced Highers this year, 3 As predicted.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by joanne.chang
Any international applicants for biomedical sciences receive any decisions yet? The wait is killing me ;;;

I am waiting for their offer for biomedical science as well! I applied on the 3rd of Nov, what about you?
Hey, I created a Facebook group for offer holders and applicants. Just pm me if you're interested ☺️
AAA offer for Computer Science with Physics! Recieved last week, applied last month

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending