The Student Room Group

If you could live anywhere in london for £100/£150/£250 a week where would you live?

Just as the title says, for each value, £100/£150/£300 a week, where would you live?

For £100 a week, I'd probably try to share a room in somewhere like camden as basically that seems to be all it gets you
for £150 a week, I'd probably try to get a rubbishy single room, close in, like hopefully somewhere baker st-ish
for £250 a week, i'd be torn between a wee flat in a townhouse maida vale-ish, or trying to get a studio in W1
Reply 1
You can get some places at/near Baker Street for £100, may even a little less.
Reply 2
£250 a week would get you a reasonable place in South Ken, nothing amazing mind. £100 won't get you anything in a nice area unless you share a 1 bed between 2 people or something.

It depends where you'll work/study etc - a city worker will want to live on the DLR or jubillee lines, whereas someone like me will want to live on circle/district or piccadilly lines - that restricts your options already.
Reply 3
100£. id pay what i do now and live in camberwell, tar. share a room? no, double room, fireplace, desk etc etc etc. massive house.

150£. same as above.

250£. i saw amazing apartments south of the river for this, sharing it like, but i'd rather have that. :smile:
Reply 4
I have no idea how much London property costs, I'm afraid.

However, Kensington and Belgravia would appeal if money was no object. Other than that, anywhere remotely pleasant and either near a tube station or within walking distance of excitement.
Reply 5
gooseymcgoose
For £100 a week, I'd probably try to share a room in somewhere like camden as basically that seems to be all it gets you

£100/week in Camden? I don't think so. More like £120

£100/week - where I live now, Old Kent Road, but that's more than what I paynow, so somewhere like here but with a bigger lounge.

£150/week - could get somewhere really nice in Camden for that.

£250/week - somewhere posh in Covent Garden? That would be immensely useful as it is 2 minutes from uni.
£100/week in Camden? I don't think so. More like £120

My friends lived in Camden for 100/week. Easily done.
Personally, I'd live on a boat.
Reply 8
FadeToBlackout
Personally, I'd live on a boat.

I second that. Amazing way to live in London. My partner and I are in the process of buying a canal boat with mooring in Camden at the moment. Very exciting!
xxcalicoxx
I second that. Amazing way to live in London. My partner and I are in the process of buying a canal boat with mooring in Camden at the moment. Very exciting!

wow, awesome!

FadeToBlackout and I are going to hopefully be moving into one next summer! would love to hear how it goes!
people would have to pay me £250 a week to live in london
The question is worded rather strangely... if I could live *anywhere* in London for £100/week, then obviously I would choose the nicest place in London that I could think of.
Reply 12
I'd love to live in Soho, on Old Compton Street. Centre of London and easy to get home after a night out :smile:.

Actually, that said, I'd prefer to live in Hampstead. Some lovely houses there, and the crime rate is nothing like Soho. Also, got the lovely Hampstead Heath :smile:.
Reply 13
North of the river, inside Zone 2. Anything else is a hang-on.
Reply 14
i'd live in harrods :cool:
Reply 15
dunno an awful lot about london, but i like notting hill and covent garden. my friends live really far out of london, like muswell hill and near barnet... and their nearest tube stations are miles away (30 min drive!) and the night bus takes hours after a night out. so if i were to live in london it would definitely have to be zone 1/2 and near a tube station
Reply 16
i lived, last year, in camden for 105 a week. four bedroom flat, garden, living room. was sweet, that was quite cheap too, really.

150? probably closer to uni or nearer a huge park, but i had regents rather near me last year.

250? i'd stay in camden and use the money i'm saving to treat myself. :wink:
I pay 100 quid a week to live in the Barbican. Awesome.
Reply 18
no hero in her sky
My friends lived in Camden for 100/week. Easily done.

Easily said you mean. Doing it takes a great amount of luck. I missed out on a 100/week Camden place last year in the time it took me to go home and get my chequebook. Those places are on the market for about 5 minutes.