The Student Room Group

Course Requirements

I'm appling for a university course this year and I got a D in my GCSE results in English back in 2014. Since then I have completed a diploma in collage and got ABB. However on the course requirements it's said a C for English which I haven't got and just wanted to know if it will effect my Application for the course and if I can get into university.
Original post by Brad100
I'm appling for a university course this year and I got a D in my GCSE results in English back in 2014. Since then I have completed a diploma in collage and got ABB. However on the course requirements it's said a C for English which I haven't got and just wanted to know if it will effect my Application for the course and if I can get into university.

If they want a C, and you have a D, you don't meet the requirements and it's not guaranteed they'll consider your application in that case. (Dependant on your a levels, the uni and course choice!
i have got high UCSA points and higher grades and a good reference would that have any impact of getting into university.

Im applying for the university of Hertfordshire, BA in Graphic Design.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Brad100
i have got high UCSA points and higher grades and a good reference would that have any impact of getting into university.

Im applying for the university of Hertfordshire, BA in Graphic Design.

It's hard to say. Some take GCSE v seriously and therefore don't care about Grades/points achieved since. I was predicted A*A*AB for a course at Birmingham that wanted AAB and I got rejected because I had a B in maths and not an A at GCSE. (And it wasn't even a mathsy course). - however KCL wanted an A at GCSE for the same course and where happy to consider me because of my predicted grades (didn't get them btw loool)
Best to ring the university and enquire - they may ask you to resit maths or offer help for you to get the qualification whilst you're at uni!

Best of luck :smile:
Ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending