Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My results : Religious studies -B
Gov and pol - D (linear course)
English lit - E
History - E
The only two options I consider are going ahead to year 13 redoing gov and pol and choose between Eng/Hist and working extra hard to pass. Alternatively I'm thinking about redoing the year but asking to carry on with y13 religious studies and choosing some new subjects

Could u please give me advise
Thanks
Neddie001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If the AS counts towards A2 then I can not understate the power of the resit. I resat my two AS RS exams and got from low Cs to high As. So if they count do the resit!
I would say you should continue with the higher of the E grades or the one you believe you to be better at and see how you do in your mocks later on.
NathNath
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neddie001)
If the AS counts towards A2 then I can not understate the power of the resit. I resat my two AS RS exams and got from low Cs to high As. So if they count do the resit!
I would say you should continue with the higher of the E grades or the one you believe you to be better at and see how you do in your mocks later on.
The only As that Counts to A2 for me is Gov + Pol.
My thinking was that it could possibly
Be better for me to redo Year 12 so that by the time I get to year 13 I am fully prepared.
Neddie001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NathNath)
The only As that Counts to A2 for me is Gov + Pol.
My thinking was that it could possibly
Be better for me to redo Year 12 so that by the time I get to year 13 I am fully prepared.
Redoing Yr 12 will not really prepare you for Yr 13. Most only redo Yr 12 completely if they have got like all Us and Es really I find. Since you are not at that threshold, it would be a waste of a year! In fact, since most AS don't count for peanuts more will be more likely to redo year 13 because this has more bearing on their future

AS grades can only really affect your predicted grades and even then you can ask for your teacher to raise your predicted grade if you feel you can do better.
NathNath
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neddie001)
Redoing Yr 12 will not really prepare you for Yr 13. Most only redo Yr 12 completely if they have got like all Us and Es really I find. Since you are not at that threshold, it would be a waste of a year! In fact, since most AS don't count for peanuts more will be more likely to redo year 13 because this has more bearing on their future

AS grades can only really affect your predicted grades and even then you can ask for your teacher to raise your predicted grade if you feel you can do better.
Ok Thank You. I do feel as If I could've done better. I will see if my teachers are willing to raise my predicteds
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (24)
16.67%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (48)
33.33%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.72%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
9.72%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.86%
I think it's an unfair expectation (34)
23.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.08%

Watched Threads