The Student Room Group

5 Days to go till results day GCSE 2017

How's everyone feeling I don't want to go to get my results.
Reply 1
Original post by SeanLindsell

same, i don't feel ready 4 this. i am so nervous, ik i'm probably gonna b unstable on tht day.
I know it feels like your lifes on the line and everything that will happen to you in life is based on these results. Plus teachers coming up to you and saying what did you get and you will have to say i diid well or bad.
It still feels like ages .. am I the only one who isnt that worried

I'm so nervous, I'm not sure whether to open them at school or in the car or at home.
when i open mine i will be doing it in the school but in a quiet place away from everyone so you could do that bit of advise i was told was dont let your friends make you mind up for you.
I'm going to open mine and leave as soon as possible, to try to avoid being mobbed by fellow students asking how you went. I can't see how I wouldn't get the results I need for sixth form, but there are still the irrational thoughts that it might go badly.

Honestly haven'y been sleeping and feel constantly sick with nerves, See so many people saying how they're predicted straight A*s and would be upsets with As and Bs.... I would just be happy to scrape 5bs so i can get into my sixth form
Original post by itslibby
I'm so nervous, I'm not sure whether to open them at school or in the car or at home.

Definitely don't do it at home since you need to confirm with your sixth form on the same day about whether you got into the sixth form with your results. If your parents have made it clear that they don't mind much about your grades, or are like the comforting type (read: non-asian lol) then opening it in the car would be a safe bet since you can just get back out after you're done opening to sort it out with the sixth form. If you get the feeling from your friends on the day that they'll be able to support you if you might do worse than expected, you can always just open them with them too.
Original post by liam12345677
Definitely don't do it at home since you need to confirm with your sixth form on the same day about whether you got into the sixth form with your results. If your parents have made it clear that they don't mind much about your grades, or are like the comforting type (read: non-asian lol) then opening it in the car would be a safe bet since you can just get back out after you're done opening to sort it out with the sixth form. If you get the feeling from your friends on the day that they'll be able to support you if you might do worse than expected, you can always just open them with them too.

I'm not going to my school's sixth form, so I'm not enrolling until the following day at my new sixth form. My parents will be happy with whatever I get because they know I work hard (it's only me who will be disappointed) so I think I'm going to open them in the car with my mum.
I don't really want to open them in front of people, because I really don't like the idea of everyone asking what I got.
Reply 10
Original post by ParisOMg
It still feels like ages .. am I the only one who isnt that worried

I'm more excited than anxious.. but that'll change as we draw closer 😂😂
3 days
Not as anxious as I just want to get it over with and not worry about certain grades or failing anything tbh

Quick Reply

Latest