Weirdlynormal
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm going into year 13 in September, and want to study Criminology at university, I'm expected grades of B C C , (Sociology, English Literature and History) and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of universities that would be good, ive been to the open days of : Cardiff, Bath Spa, Winchester and Worcester. I have been through many sites trying to find unis that look good, but just wondered if anyone had any experience or been told of any good unis in this field?
Wampstax
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm starting a dual honours including criminology at Keele university in September and when I have been on the taster lectures the staff seem extremely enthusiastic about their field. Worth a look in my opinion. Good luck choosing.
Alice.atlanta
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Weirdlynormal)
I'm going into year 13 in September, and want to study Criminology at university, I'm expected grades of B C C , (Sociology, English Literature and History) and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of universities that would be good, ive been to the open days of : Cardiff, Bath Spa, Winchester and Worcester. I have been through many sites trying to find unis that look good, but just wondered if anyone had any experience or been told of any good unis in this field?
Hi there,
I am a second year criminal psychology student at derby university. i would really recommend having a look at derby, we are relatively unknown but we rank really high in criminology statistics. Our main difference to other universities is that our lecturers have all been in the field, so you will be taught by ex-police chief inspectors, probation officers, magistrates, ex-undercover officers, and so on. From this, you get an extra dimension to your degree of understanding and the experience and contacts of the lecturers, opposed to reiterated textbook knowledge.
Dependent on where you are based, i can give you an email for one of the lecturers to sit in on a lecture to experience it. There is also open days in september and october, that are defineatly worth going to!
I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the course or the uni ect.
(Below is the link to our criminology course and crim psych course)
https://www.derby.ac.uk/criminology-...logy-bsc-hons/
(another plus side to derby is that we offer criminal psychology as a single honours course, only offered in 2 unis in the uk)
https://www.derby.ac.uk/criminology-...logy-bsc-hons/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (252)
39.75%
Take autumn exams (188)
29.65%
Look for a job (21)
3.31%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.94%
Take a year out (110)
17.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.99%

Watched Threads