Fannon
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hiya, I've got my GCSE's next year and I'm just doing some summer revision but I'm feeling so demotivated because I just don't like writing notes. I would usually go straight to doing practice papers but I can't really do that without knowing the content first. Just wondering is anyone has some tips to make revision less of a chore because I do really lie learning.
miss.j
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fannon)
Hiya, I've got my GCSE's next year and I'm just doing some summer revision but I'm feeling so demotivated because I just don't like writing notes. I would usually go straight to doing practice papers but I can't really do that without knowing the content first. Just wondering is anyone has some tips to make revision less of a chore because I do really lie learning.
Hey there, I understand where you are coming from in terms of feeling demotivated coz throughout yr10 and even more in yr11, I was in tht kind of feeling and mindset where I just gave up, I literally didn't care about anything anymore. I got tired of everything and everyone. That was my case but I also did find ways of revising which rlly helped me and maybe could help u.

I would say you should make flashcards of a topic in each subject so tht maybe in your spare time like on the way 2 school or whilst you're studying you can test yourself on the stuff you wrote; u could get others to test what you know or mesmerize from what you wrote on the flashcards, making it seem like u r teaching which rlly helps. On the flashcards, it could b anyway to remember what was taught in your lessons like for instance, you could draw a picture to help u remember what was taught in chemistry or something like, you could do a spider diagram clearly showing what parts to the topic there r in a subject (u may want to use different colors 4 tht) etc.

Another way u can study is by watching and listening 2 videos whereby the teacher or somebody is doing a recap on different topics on a subject and maybe u can take notes as well (tht is if u find yourself more of a listener than a speaker). Notes don't have b much, but as long u remember the content. For English AQA, a youtuber called mrbruff rlly helped me for English lit. and English lang., for science, this youtuber called: science and maths by primrose kitten helped me as well. She can help u w/ maths as well if you're doing edexcel maths.

Maybe u could go on websites which can test u if rlly know a topic or not. for maths, there's this website called diagnostic questions; u have 2 sign up for it but still, it's 4 free and u can c all types of maths questions and u can filter out maths questions according to which exambaord u r doing. also, u should do some sample gcse questions, even though they r harder than real exam possibly, they can still help u. you can also ask ur teachers for any recommended websites to go on 2 study or ask 4 some questions (worksheets) to help u.

One last thing, I would definitely recommend getting a plan out for what u r going to study during which day of the week. Yr11 is hard, it was hard 4 me but it's possibly gonna b harder 4 u as u r facing a brand new specification so u need to find a motivation, something tht drives u coz possibly, a lot of the time u will b tempted to procrastinate but truss me, tht doesn't help urself or anybody else 4 tht matter. Remember 2 breathe as well, ur well being comes 1st b4 anything else and have fun but try ur best not leave ur work to the last minute.

P.S whilst studding, STAY AWAY from ur phone if u have any form of social media. if u can't find tht studying in silence helps, then either listen to very calm (classic music) or study with a friend tht u know WON'T disturb u.

Hoped this helped. ;D
username2965904
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Some people find hearing stuff to be a way of revising or taking in information. Would this help?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (118)
33.71%
Yes - a trusted person (95)
27.14%
No (93)
26.57%
I'm not sure (44)
12.57%

Watched Threads