The Student Room Group

2017 gcse grade boundaries

What do people think the grade boundaries for the GCSE'S will be this year (excluding the new 9-1 english & maths). Will they be higher so it looks like we've performed poorly & therefore the new 9-1 GCSE's will be seen as a success?

Any ideas?

Ive taken:
History (Edexcel)
Geography (OCR)
Philosophy & Ethics (OCR)
Latin (WJEC)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AletheaW
What do people think the grade boundaries for the GCSE'S will be this year (excluding the new 9-1 english & maths). Will they be higher so it looks like we've performed poorly & therefore the new 9-1 GCSE's will be seen as a success?

Any ideas?

Ive taken:
History (Edexcel)
Geography (OCR)
Latin (WJEC)

As I've said many times before, there's no point asking others for advice. They'll give you different grade boundaries based on how easy or hard they found the exam. It won't be accurate, just wait until results day.
Reply 2
Will they be higher so it looks like we've performed poorly & therefore the new 9-1 GCSE's will be seen as a success?

No that's not how boundaries are set.

None of us know the boundaries. Any predictions could be completely wrong so it's pointless listening to them.
Reply 3
Original post by Quizlet
As I've said many times before, there's no point asking others for advice. They'll give you different grade boundaries based on how easy or hard they found the exam. It won't be accurate, just wait until results day.

Its just some speculation on whether they might deliberately try and make the new 9-1 appear like a success when in reality many students found it difficult & how this may have an impact on other GCSE's
Ayy, I haven't taken the same exams as you but the best thing is to just wait for Thursday morning. If you really want to try and predict them, then just compare their difficulty to previous years and make an educated guess. At the end of the day, there isn't really much point predicting grade boundaries because you do not know how the other 99.9999% of the country have performed, they are out of your control and you should just focus on doing your best (future advice). So, sit back and relax, take your mind off results day and just have a good time!

Any ideas?

Ive taken:
History (Edexcel)
Geography (OCR)
Latin (WJEC)

We have absolutely no idea. For maths, less so English, the best point of comparison we have is the CIE boundaries which were released around a week ago iirc. I would discourage people from making arbitrary "estimates" either, as the papers have not yet been written, never mind sat.
When is results day? I forgot already :rofl:
Its just some speculation on whether they might deliberately try and make the new 9-1 appear like a success when in reality many students found it difficult & how this may have an impact on other GCSE's

An exam board would not play with a student's future like this. It is in an exam board's interest to keep centres and students happy.
Reply 8
Original post by Boss_Rhythm

24th as far as im aware
24th as far as im aware

It can't be... The Sun says the 24th as well so either you are under the influence of The Sun or The Sun actually has told the truth about something

someone pls collect him
Reply 11
It can't be... The Sun says the 24th as well so either you are under the influence of The Sun or The Sun actually has told the truth about something

I assure you I have no association with The Sun, looks like they might actually have their facts straight for once

Indeed, the 24th. It proves that The Sun has at least basic comprehension skills, which is an improvement.
Original post by lmaooome
someone pls collect him

Your here, so collect me whilst your at it

I assure you I have no association with The Sun, looks like they might actually have their facts straight for once

Yh, you don't seem to be lying.
I guess The Sun played it safe this once with real facts...
The Daily Mail talks about some electronics malarky on the 23rd though, so there is another lie
Your here, so collect me whilst your at it

Yh, you don't seem to be lying.
I guess The Sun played it safe this once with real facts...
The Daily Mail talks about some electronics malarky on the 23rd though, so there is another lie

you're**** guess you failed your one and only GCSE
you're**** guess you failed your one and only GCSE

:cry2: In sha allah I'll get the grades I need and get away from you haters!!!!
:cry2: In sha allah I'll get the grades I need and get away from you haters!!!!

babes its one word not a sentence " in sha allah" lol move
babes its one word not a sentence " in sha allah" lol move

you'll get the D to be gay again b

Its meant to be seperate you nonce! It means something else if you write it all together...

Its like writing ifgodwills- are you a downie or too lazy to press the space bar?

How are you talking about D's? Thought you were too grossed out
Its meant to be seperate you nonce! It means something else if you write it all together...

Its like writing ifgodwills- are you a downie or too lazy to press the space bar?

How are you talking about D's? Thought you were too grossed out

no its not its always been inshallah m8 smh you fake but what do i know i'm haram anyways
ifgodwills means the exact same thing as if god wills omggggg

i was talking about grades but okay you nasty boi
no its not its always been inshallah m8 smh you fake but what do i know i'm haram anyways
ifgodwills means the exact same thing as if god wills omggggg

i was talking about grades but okay you nasty boi

inshallah doesn't mean if allah wills... it means 'create allah' which is obviously blasphemous
in sha allah is the better way of writing it... ik arabic better than an egyptian smh

Oh right, suuuure you were!!!

Quick Reply

Latest