The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed regarding ECONOMICS at LSE,UCL

Hi everyone, I recently got my A level results and I got AAB ( in Maths, Chem, Bio respectively). I applied to medicine last year and I got an offer from Bristol uni to study medicine ( but got rejected due to my results) but at the time of sitting my exams I realised my heart was set on economics.
Now that I want to do Economics- I really want to do it at a top uni such a UCL OR LSE but I know their entry requirements are A* A A so what do I do to get in?!!? I will do absolutely anything in my gap year to maximise my chances of getting in - I won't accept anyone telling me it's impossible of getting in.

So I was thinking of doing either one of these plans:

1) Redoing some of my maths papers and obtaining an A* which I am easily capable of, taking up Economics A level and teaching it to my self in one year and hopefully obtaining an A grade at the end of it. And then also taking up Further Maths AS and also hoping to obtain an A grade in it.*

2) OR redoing some of my maths papers and obtaining an A*, taking up Economics A level as I've said above and then also redoing my Biology A level and obtaining an A this time round.

If anyone has a better plan or suggestion please put it forward - is it worth me retaking Maths, is it worth me teaching my self the whole of economics in a year, is there something else I could do to maximise my chances?!

Would UCL, LSE Etc see that I am a different kind of student due to me doing Bio and Chem and that I would have a unique skill set as all the work experience I have done is medicine related etc so would that be an advantage or not?!

Thanks
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Bump !!!
Reply 3
Forget Biology. Do Further Maths. re-sit Maths. Maybe take Economics.

Quick Reply

Latest