Postgraduate MRes Study

Watch this thread
Oblivious42
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have recently applied for an MRes at York and Nottingham and have been lucky enough to get an offer from both. I had quite a stressful time at undergrad and would like to go somewhere I really enjoy so would just like to get a better idea of what people think of these places and whether they enjoyed them?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Oblivious42)
I have recently applied for an MRes at York and Nottingham and have been lucky enough to get an offer from both. I had quite a stressful time at undergrad and would like to go somewhere I really enjoy so would just like to get a better idea of what people think of these places and whether they enjoyed them?
Do you know what stressed you out at undergrad level? It could be a variety of factors and whether or not someone else enjoyed these unis could have little to no impact on whether you will enjoy them. At this level you should also be more concerned about what you will be studying and how rather than the student experience per se. Moving this to the postgrad forum
almostmaybe
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Oblivious42)
What did you find stressful in undergrad?

MRes can be a stressful degree, as you have to do a pretty substantial research project within a short period of time, whether you find that more or less stressful than exams is a personal thing. The student life/experience is going to be pretty different to undergraduate in any case (or at least it is for most people).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.78%
As I expected (73)
31.2%
Harder (88)
37.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.42%

Watched Threads