Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I was just seeing if there are any students here that are entrepreneurs or are interested in making money? It would be good to hear from anyone with your ideas,

Alex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac1234)
    Hi

I was just seeing if there are any students here that are entrepreneurs or are interested in making money? It would be good to hear from anyone with your ideas,

Alex
    do u want ideas so you can steal them i like the idea of being an entrepreneur but im only 15 so i dont think people will take me seriously

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to steal them at all! Just want to hear from like minded people and try and build up my network.

It doesn't matter if people take you seriousley or not, if you want to do it then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I went for it as a 15-16 year old and failed. My idea was and still is fantastic - it got me into the grand final and top 5 of a national competition which included all expenses trip to London etc. etc. for the final and the chance to go to NY - however, if you need to work with business then sadly, they won't take you too seriously being very young. I was a mature 15-16 year old and knew what I was talking about but it wasn't enough.

I might try the idea once more during/after Uni, who knows....I only need 5k for a basic start up with the potential long term profit of millions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac1234)
    I don't want to steal them at all! Just want to hear from like minded people and try and build up my network.

It doesn't matter if people take you seriousley or not, if you want to do it then go for it.
    you see i make my own bracelets and stuff im not talkin crappy stuff their good similar to the attachment i aldo make beaded ones as well i would like to set up a company so i could market them to shops but i have no idea about how to do this
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Tell me more about your bracelets

ReputationRep:
    what would you like to know

ReputationRep:
    Sorry only half your message came up when I first looked at it. Have you sold a lot? If you are interested in getting them to shops try trade fairs or contacting the shops buying departments. What about making a website to sell them from and just promoting the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel D)
    you see i make my own bracelets and stuff im not talkin crappy stuff their good similar to the attachment i aldo make beaded ones as well i would like to set up a company so i could market them to shops but i have no idea about how to do this
    Angel, sadly firstly the market for your product is hugely saturated as you probably know, hence their isn't plenty of oppotunities for sales, however, there's probably enough for you to cope with - especially if the items are quality and handmade and you make people know about that fact.

There's huge amounts of advice out there, especially for young people although mainly for more conventional business start ups, for example:

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/home

Business Link and Deutsche Bank ran the competition I entered, Business Link are great.

For all other aspiring entrepreneurs, there's places such as Shell Live Wire that will support you when you start off. Any decent idea also can be sold as interllectual property, for example a new process you have developed - in this case you should get advice from a patent lawyer first. My idea is close to being a process and possibly could be protected as interllectual property though I don't have enough money to invest into it

http://www.intellectual-property.gov.uk/

Paul

ReputationRep:
    I am setting up a promotions company with a mate. We used to do our own nights at top nightclubs, now we have built up our database so we are starting to selll our gueslists to clubs for some of their nights.

I also tried miserably to set up an i.s.p company overseas with my brother.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend volunteered to run a football coaching thing through the summer holidays.........for free :eek:

It was all for charity mind, but they must have made at least £500 from it, with kids (or their parents) paying a fiver for 3 sessions......

Hmmm......

ReputationRep:
    do u want ideas so you can steal them
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Looks good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)
    I am setting up a promotions company with a mate. We used to do our own nights at top nightclubs, now we have built up our database so we are starting to selll our gueslists to clubs for some of their nights.

I also tried miserably to set up an i.s.p company overseas with my brother.
    Is it profitable selling mailing lists? How did you get into promoting clubs?

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine setup his own webhosting company with servers mainly over in the US (Places like Rackshack etc). A very neat profit he pulls in each month though advertising is the biggest issue.

Has to have a very good technical knowledge as well and putting up with annoyed clients is the worst part. Still, he hosts my website for free which is great!

The webhost market is almost saturated unless you have some good ideas in targeting new clients

ReputationRep:
    i know it sounds crap, but with Young Enterprise, i was MD, we raised 1100pounds (sorry pound sign not workin) in one night, with around 300pound expenditure it earned us a fair bit. the only problem being that what we did was an event, and there was no market for this to be done, eg, once a week, more like once every 2-3weeks...!

ReputationRep:
    i designed the tamagotchi, then my idea was stolen :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    i designed the tamagotchi, then my idea was stolen :mad:
    awww..i had one of them!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    awww..i had one of them!!
    was it a cat? caus i designed the dog ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    was it a cat? caus i designed the dog ones
    i think it was a dog one actually...sorri!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.