Is a female friend really called a girlfriend?

Watch this thread
The RAR
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I keep on hearing the word 'girlfriend' around my school and the annoying thing is that whenever I see a guy talking to a girl about general stuff idiots around them always say "OHHH is she your girlfriend blah blah?"
Apparently a girlfriend is a female friend whom you have a romantic relationship with, say I have a female friend but I am not in any way involved with her in a romantic way is she still my girlfriend?
UWS
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Lol she's a friend. Newsflash, guys and girls can be friends.
harry293
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Sounds like something you'd hear in Year 7 or 8. To answer, no she is not a girlfriend.
username3057334
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Agreed. Just because one is a friend, it doesn't make it a romantic relationship.
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
:shock:

Really?!
The RAR
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by harry293)
Sounds like something you'd hear in Year 7 or 8. To answer, no she is not a girlfriend.
So I was right, there is a difference between a girlfriend and a female friend.

(Original post by Meany Pie)

Really?!
Oh come on, don't tell me that as a girl you don't like guys
UWS
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Okay, keep telling yourself this :lol:
UWS
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Meany Pie)

Really?!
You mean we aren't? :sad:
username1439610
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I have a few female friends. Are they all my girlfriend now? 🤔
Jack22031994
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Rubbish. My bestfriend is a girl

I never understand this logic, as extending it would result you having to say bisexuals cant be friends with anyone, and if you dont your argument is invalidated and mute.
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
You mean we aren't? :sad:
Of course we are :hugs:
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The RAR)
Apparently a girlfriend is a female friend whom you have a romantic relationship with, say I have a female friend but I am not in any way involved with her in a romantic way is she still my girlfriend?
I believe you answered your own question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (58)
65.91%
No (23)
26.14%
I didn't use it to prepare (7)
7.95%

Watched Threads