The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Need help!!

So I applied to Canterbury for Adult Nursing for this September, and I received an offer of BCC, a DBS and an occupational health form to be completed. I placed this as my insurance choice

I received my results on Thursday and received CCE for my a levels and missed out on my firm choice which I had a DBS from this year from that uni and I've been told that CCU won't take this DBS so I need to start a new one. Not only this, I have had no confirmation that they are ok with my grades. I have completed their occupational health (yes bad organisation on my part - I got my hopes up for my firm).

Despite ringing their hotline multiple times no one has confirmed that the admissions are ok with my grades or how to start my DBS so I can get it done ASAP. So if any applicants or even people at the uni would like to give me some advice feel free to help me out. 😂
Thank you!
Reply 1
Peace and blessings,

I hope this situation works out for you.

I am not in this program, but wanted to share that you can go to, for online help on this forum, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1044 (scroll down and note the moderators of the forum, and maybe consider contacting one of them directly.)

Also, and I apologize if you have already tried this, but are you calling the clearing hotline number or the regular number:
+44 (0)1227 782900 and then the alternative one for clearing: 01227926000-maybe in this situation, if you've tried one, try the other one. Again, my best wishes to you and praying for your success.

Original post by LouiseTheStudent
So I applied to Canterbury for Adult Nursing for this September, and I received an offer of BCC, a DBS and an occupational health form to be completed. I placed this as my insurance choice

I received my results on Thursday and received CCE for my a levels and missed out on my firm choice which I had a DBS from this year from that uni and I've been told that CCU won't take this DBS so I need to start a new one. Not only this, I have had no confirmation that they are ok with my grades. I have completed their occupational health (yes bad organisation on my part - I got my hopes up for my firm).

Despite ringing their hotline multiple times no one has confirmed that the admissions are ok with my grades or how to start my DBS so I can get it done ASAP. So if any applicants or even people at the uni would like to give me some advice feel free to help me out. 😂
Thank you!
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by luq_ali
Peace and blessings,

I hope this situation works out for you.

I am not in this program, but wanted to share that you can go to, for online help on this forum, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1044 (scroll down and note the moderators of the forum, and maybe consider contacting one of them directly.)

Also, and I apologize if you have already tried this, but are you calling the clearing hotline number or the regular number:
+44 (0)1227 782900 and then the alternative one for clearing: 01227926000-maybe in this situation, if you've tried one, try the other one. Again, my best wishes to you and praying for your success.

I will try ringing again. I have also private messaged the university on this forum. It's just so stressful 😂 Thank you!
Reply 3
You are very welcome. Please do not be discouraged, keep on trying, and even if it means reaching out to admin, keep trying.

Sharon Campbell
Secretary
School: School of Nursing
Campus: Canterbury
Tel: 01227 782954
And if that is not successful, try calling:

Dean Teasdale, head of the Faculty of Wellbeing,within which is Nursing:

https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/health-and-wellbeing/contact-us.aspx

Remember-a "no" leaves you were you are now...which means you have nothing to lose, trying to get a "yes"! :smile:

Original post by LouiseTheStudent
I will try ringing again. I have also private messaged the university on this forum. It's just so stressful 😂 Thank you!
Hey, I hope you get a response from them soon! I'm starting nursing there in September. Fingers crossed you get through, maybe see you on the course! :smile:
Have you tried the I-zone number?
01227 922222

or try this one, taken from one of my emails

01227 923134 Sarah Crouch a senior Nursing lecturer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending