Motivate me! Watch

Roh Maa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in Year 8 and i need help to be motivated to study and revise (especially in French and German) as I want to do well in my GCSEs yet most of the time i can't be bothered to do work and actually be productive. HELP ME PLEASE!
Eloise204010
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you fail you'll have to retake them in the June the NEXT year during a levels or whatever else you're doing if you want to have passed. And imagine the disappointment of failing or getting just a C. And anyway.. think of it differently, it's not school work it's learning.. you're literally learning a language, isn't that cool? (not sure if changing the point of it help, but liking what you're doing sometimes helps) ..and btw. You do not want to have to retake these while you're doing A levels.. a levels are bad enough on their own xD
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Eloise204010
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
..lemme just add on to this. Save yourself the effort, stress and worry in yr 11?
username3071756
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Roh Maa)
I'm in Year 8 and i need help to be motivated to study and revise (especially in French and German) as I want to do well in my GCSEs yet most of the time i can't be bothered to do work and actually be productive. HELP ME PLEASE!
Just do your homework and learn what you have to learn .
You can start worrying about your GCSE's once in year 10 . You still have loads of time .
SubElevenG
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wish I would have worked harder at GCSE so that it would be reasonable to apply to Oxbridge. Whether you think you want to go there or not doesn't really matter, you will change your mind so many times before actually applying - the point is you want the option to be able to go to any university or get ant job you want. Good grades are crucial to both of those. You can't get good GCSE grades without a basic understanding of the subjects. You get that from the early years of high school.
Work hard so you can do anything you want to in the future.
Kurapikachu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1. Duolingo
2. Momentum on chrome store
Roh Maa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks guys! I know that i still do have a lot of time but I think it's better to start revising and studying early on so I get better grades. I want to go to a good uni and I 100% agree that working hard will get me there. I'll definitely try the apps; thanks a lot for the recommendations!
ScarletCelestia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What I have learned in my three years of GCSEs:

1) Pay more attention in class and you won't need as much time to revise.

2) The above + 15 minutes per subject each day WORKS

3) You can take ONE day off each week

4) When you aren't revising, relax (all work and no play causes a lot of stress)

Also:

1) If you do take the Duolingo route: don't do more than two lessons on that a day because your mind won't absorb it.

2) Past papers are a must, try to do one full question a week.

3) Take breaks between subjects, if you need to.

4) Leave the gadgets alone, until studying is done.
EmLo12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I regret working too much in y8, have a bit of fun! Don't fall too behind so it will affect your GCSEs but just c/h/i/l/l/ you've got time
iwant2die
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Roh Maa)
Quizlet is an amazing way to help you learn the vocabulary of another language, it's a website but is also an app you can get on your phone. It has built in features such as memory games ect, and you can make your own study sets so you're learning what you want to learn. You can also share your sets around with your friends to use. You don't need wifi for it either so when you're walking to school or something you can spend 5 minutes on the app whilst you're walking. It's a really good app!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.65%
No I am happy with my course choice (521)
59.27%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.45%

Watched Threads