Veve431
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello, I applied for a student loan, but I am eligible for getting only last two years of full funding and due to that I can`t attend the university. I`d like to ask if I have to let know Student Finance Services or it is sufficient if I just won`t enrol to the course. Thank you for your answer
confused98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,

have you had previous funding from student finance? If so they will only fund limited years of study.

You can apply for the extra year of funding but this will only be granted in exceptional circumstances. For example bereavement, mental illness etc, you will also need evidence to support it.

Have you already received an unconditional offer for uni?
In this case you need to contact the uni as soon as possible and explain your situation. You will most likely need to defer your place until year and save up to fund that first year. You'll then receive student finance for the remaining two years.

Hope this helps
Veve431
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have already studied two years at university but not in the UK so I didn`t have any funding or any other contact with student finance services. So I don`t know if have to call them or is it ok to just withdraw my application to university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.1%
Excited but a bit nervous (126)
45.65%
Not bothered either way (36)
13.04%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed