The Student Room Group

Aston Uni or Uni of Law

I have attained the grades ABB and have a place at Uni of Law. However I have my concerns about the reputation- the uni doesn't seem to be well known in regards to Undergraduate LLB, however are well known for LPC etc. I worry that maybe it wont be received as well by employers? Also the low grade requirement (BBB) worries me as they seem to be so lenient. Now I'm deciding whether I should stick with ULaw or go to Aston instead.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
Original post by Maryam320
I have attained the grades ABB and have a place at Uni of Law. However I have my concerns about the reputation- the uni doesn't seem to be well known in regards to Undergraduate LLB, however are well known for LPC etc. I worry that maybe it wont be received as well by employers? Also the low grade requirement (BBB) worries me as they seem to be so lenient. Now I'm deciding whether I should stick with ULaw or go to Aston instead.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

They arent in the elite and more run of the mill. Do more research and id need to check Aston, but at least you get a full uni experience there whereas with uni of law you will just have law students studying and thats not the same as a full uni.

You could also look in clearing. Nottingham Trent still had places and they have a reasonable rep for law.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
They arent in the elite and more run of the mill. Do more research and id need to check Aston, but at least you get a full uni experience there whereas with uni of law you will just have law students studying and thats not the same as a full uni.

You could also look in clearing. Nottingham Trent still had places and they have a reasonable rep for law.

Thank you for your response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending