The Student Room Group

I have a dream but..

I still end up wasting my time.. whole day has been a waste. I really want my dream but I am for some reason not acting like its meaningful...

How can I get on with it efficiently?
Original post by SuperHuman98
I still end up wasting my time.. whole day has been a waste. I really want my dream but I am for some reason not acting like its meaningful...

What is your dream?
Reply 2
To reach your goal or dream, there are certain pieces. Think of it this way, what steps do you have to complete to reach your goal? Every step forward towards the goal, is much easier to complete, step by step, as opposed to looking at the achieving the final result, all at once. There will be things you can control, and then there is the process -be it application/interviews by other persons, which will be out of your control. What is the standard of evaluation/measurement going to be for you to hit certain benchmarks, along the path of your dream? Perhaps, a certain test score,grades you need to try to achieve, perhaps there will be some aspect of experience you will need to obtain before you can fully realize your dream. But it all has components, building blocks of the greater whole. Start with the first steps forward, get that ball rolling, and then as it picks up some velocity-it will be easier to move it forward. The hardest part about going for our dreams is self doubt, fear of failure, and hesitation. But the ability to be decisive can come to you the more you practice moving forward, getting the ball rolling. Patience will be a big part of this, but again, remember-each day you are living is for the goal of advancing towards the desired dream. So, I'm not sure what your dream is, but first, things first, think of what ever your dream is, visualize it, then ask yourself what are the building blocks, step by step, forward, and make each day, either a continuation of the steps needed, or taking, perhaps a new step, like volunteering-if appropriate, or reading something written by one who has already achieved your dream or for that matter, any other dream.(because no matter what the endeavor is, there a general set of characteristics that those who achieve and live their dream share)

Reply 3
I understand, I'm in the same situation a bit. Trying to get out of it. The way I view it is if something is so important to you and such a massive part of your life, that can become overwhelming. It is so easy for it to seem so big that even though you really want to do it, you just can't gather the motivation and just get on with it. I think that some people are subconsciously worried that if they try and put everything into their dreams, they might still not be able to achieve it and this sometimes translates into if I don't do it, I can't fail.
I suggest, split things up for yourself. Do something very little towards your dream everyday, or as close to that as you can, and add more when it seems right. Even if it is not very efficient, doing something- even if it is only a little- is better than doing nothing, and progress, even if it is small, is heading in the right direction. Hopefully if you break it up like this, it won't seem so massive and your motivation should hopefully begin to come back. I understand how frustrating your situation can be, I believe in you though. good luck with your dream!!!
Original post by luq_ali
To reach your goal or dream, there are certain pieces. Think of it this way, what steps do you have to complete to reach your goal? Every step forward towards the goal, is much easier to complete, step by step, as opposed to looking at the achieving the final result, all at once. There will be things you can control, and then there is the process -be it application/interviews by other persons, which will be out of your control. What is the standard of evaluation/measurement going to be for you to hit certain benchmarks, along the path of your dream? Perhaps, a certain test score,grades you need to try to achieve, perhaps there will be some aspect of experience you will need to obtain before you can fully realize your dream. But it all has components, building blocks of the greater whole. Start with the first steps forward, get that ball rolling, and then as it picks up some velocity-it will be easier to move it forward. The hardest part about going for our dreams is self doubt, fear of failure, and hesitation. But the ability to be decisive can come to you the more you practice moving forward, getting the ball rolling. Patience will be a big part of this, but again, remember-each day you are living is for the goal of advancing towards the desired dream. So, I'm not sure what your dream is, but first, things first, think of what ever your dream is, visualize it, then ask yourself what are the building blocks, step by step, forward, and make each day, either a continuation of the steps needed, or taking, perhaps a new step, like volunteering-if appropriate, or reading something written by one who has already achieved your dream or for that matter, any other dream.(because no matter what the endeavor is, there a general set of characteristics that those who achieve and live their dream share)

I have definitely done this :smile:, it's like a hurdle race and so far I have just about been completing these hurdles.
Reply 5
Keep at it. If the dream is worth anything it all, it should be very, very, difficult to reach, otherwise, it really isn't worth dreaming about in the first place, if it is too easy. When knocked down, we must get back up. And if faith is a part of your life, then do the best you can, be active, work to make what you want a reality, and keep the faith.(but praying for help, and expecting the help to come instantly is not how things work, as I'm sure you know) Most people never live their dream, because they give up when the odds seem so overwhelmingly, as if all hope is lost, as if they have been overcome, not realizing, at moments like that, there is the greatest opportunity to realize the dream, just by getting back up and constantly attempting to move forward. But again, its not easy to have that kind of determination, otherwise, everyone would be the great jazz trumpet player, or the world class athlete, or the legendary singer and composer, or the nobel prize winning physician, etc.

Best wishes to you and abundant blessings, in realizing your dream by living to make it happen.

I have definitely done this :smile:, it's like a hurdle race and so far I have just about been completing these hurdles.

And what was your dream you would love to achive in your life? the first step is to think about what can you do to approach this goal.
Original post by JamesH2017
What is your dream?

Swim with a dolphin.

Quick Reply

Latest