The Student Room Group

Advice on losing weight for someone who has never really tried before?

I'm a girl, 16, 4 foot 10 and weigh about 9 stone 5 ounces or 128 pounds. I weighed myself on the scales a few weeks ago and it went up from 8 stone something as it has been for ages to 9. I checked bmi and it says I'm overweight. I think my bmi was 26.7. I don't go out of my way to exercise but I am quire energetic and run everywhere. I also walk a lot, I have been quite lazy durjng the holidays but will be walking for half an hour to school and back each day when I go back.
I know I'm not hugely overweight and I am fine with how I look at the minute but I really don't want to put on more weight and preferably get back to below 9 stone again.*
Any advice on how to lose weight? Also, in a way my parents won't find out. They don't like it if me or any of my siblings are trying to lose weight, even if it is more healthy.
Original post by Lilisea
I'm a girl, 16, 4 foot 10 and weigh about 9 stone 5 ounces or 128 pounds. I weighed myself on the scales a few weeks ago and it went up from 8 stone something as it has been for ages to 9. I checked bmi and it says I'm overweight. I think my bmi was 26.7. I don't go out of my way to exercise but I am quire energetic and run everywhere. I also walk a lot, I have been quite lazy durjng the holidays but will be walking for half an hour to school and back each day when I go back.
I know I'm not hugely overweight and I am fine with how I look at the minute but I really don't want to put on more weight and preferably get back to below 9 stone again.*
Any advice on how to lose weight? Also, in a way my parents won't find out. They don't like it if me or any of my siblings are trying to lose weight, even if it is more healthy.

Eat healthier and jog more. Do cardio related exercises and just try to cut down on the calories.

Edit - I used to use this website https://darebee.com/
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
boxing training and eat < 30g carbs a day https://www.dietdoctor.com/
Reply 3
Whatever you do, dont rush it! The last thing you want to show off your weight loss with is loose and saggy skin
Reply 4
slow weight loss is best, the faster you lose it the quicker it goes back on, generally.
Reply 5
Thanks guys!
Reply 6
Run or walk 30 mins on a treadmill everyday,

Then organise a schedule where during the weekdays you don't eat or drink anything sugary and during the weekends have about two mouthfuls of sugar for the weekend.

Cycle 30 mins, and then try weights or ab workout...

Or even take up a sport like tennis or sailing or even rowing
Ignore all previous advice

Read the FAQ

Das it
Eat less calories.

Start counting them to achieve this.

Protein and fat fill more than carbs, so have those regularly to keep feeling full.

You don't even need to exercise. Just eat undercaloric.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Ignore all previous advice

Read the FAQ

Das it

Can't rep, loved that haha

OP - FAQ and download 'myfitnesspal', job done

Quick Reply

Latest