Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    looking forward to it also, shame its such a late start. finished my job last week now ive got nothing to do for a month other than go out and spend money i tried to save for uni.

ReputationRep:
    Managed to get into Westwood - Quarry R3. Is that floor 3 then?

Does westwood have Internet Access?

Wanted solsbury

owell, we should all meet up for a drink at one point. What you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    yeah it has internet access, and yeah i think thats floor 3, or the 2nd floor in real terms as im guessing they call ground floor R1.

yeah im up for any drinks

ReputationRep:
    Humorous how you all applied for Marlborough, when Solsbury is exactly the same, but holds more people (6 blocks to 4 in Marlborough).

ReputationRep:
    i was under the impression that you had to move out at christmas and easter in solsbury, otherwise i would've applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoidberg)
    i was under the impression that you had to move out at <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=christmas&v=56">chr istmas</a> and easter in solsbury, otherwise i would've applied.

Thats what i hvae been told, from ppl studying at Bath, or actually living in Sols.

oh well...mystery will soon be solved.
    Sabrina

ReputationRep:
    Applied for westwood in early August (coz i was offered a place in early August damn it
    got Eastwood a few hours ago. Not bad i assume.

A query...It says:
    "If you accept this offer, you will be allocated to the room indicated on the offer form. Please note you are being offered a place in residence, and not a specific room."
    Now..Is this contradiction or what?

Any eastwooders around here?

ReputationRep:
    "Eastwood E32.06" which allocation is this? It is in Eastwood A

ReputationRep:
    My story of contact with Bath is one of woe.

To start with they never sent me my 'Getting Started' guide. Thankfuly I had my finger on the pulse and found out when I could apply for accomadation on the web.

Having still received nothing I rang them up last week to check I still existed in their books. They were very apologetic and lo and behold two days later my registration documents arrived.

The saga continues though. Today out of the blue I received an email from someone at the accomadation office saying why hadn't I replied to the offer of accommodation thay had made me!! I was rather shocked. What offer? When? Where? I had had nothing in the post or via email form them since the automated reply from the accommodation application process.

In a bit of a panic now but hopefuly I'll get in phone contact with them tomorrow. Typicaly they don't even have an answer phone for urgent after hours contact!!

We'll see what hapens

ReputationRep:
    University administration is notoriously shocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equili3rium)
    "Eastwood E32.06" which allocation is this? It is in Eastwood A
    Houses 24 –51
    13 students per house in single rooms with washbasins. Large communal kitchen,
    two showers and 2/3 toilets per house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    University administration is notoriously shocking.
    yeh.. as far as it seems
    are we done with them when we start the term? please say so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoidberg)
    i was under the impression that you had to move out at christmas and easter in solsbury, otherwise i would've applied.
    You do, but it is the same in Marlborough, as far as I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    i got into solsbury, SF7.5..whatever the hell that means. Im happy i got into that one though. I got my registration letter through the post earlier this week even though it was dated 27th August so i still have to do that.

ReputationRep:
    i got into norwod, N9.18. anyone know if that means i'm on the 9th floor?

ReputationRep:
    At this point I've had my confirmation of place, accomodation offer and registration papers. It did, however, take over a month to find out whether they'd actually given me a place (got my results at the beginning of July and had missed my offer by 0.125%). I never did get hold of the elusive admissions tutor for my course (I don't think he actually works there), but was eventually told that it had come up on UCAS and that I was in. Talk about keeping you on your toes! Particularly as I had no back-up plan... Ah well, alls well that ends well... or something.

Hope those who haven't heard hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i guess i was lucky in the fact that i was using my a level grades from last year so mine all went through really quickly, i didnt need a backup offer so i feel for those of you who are having to wait for admin to get their asses in gear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleda)
    i got into solsbury, SF7.5..whatever the hell that means. Im happy i got into that one though. I got my registration letter through the post earlier this week even though it was dated 27th August so i still have to do that.
    Great. I'll be living in the next kitchen group across. I'm in SF 8.5. Should be good apart from the slog upto the top floor!! I'll see you there.

ReputationRep:
    haha, cool. So are we on the top floor? or is that just you? All i wanted was to not be on the ground floor, im starting to question my ability to climb stairs.lol. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Marlborough, and got Westwood A - Quarry, like many others.

5th floor by the looks of it - that'll be fun carrying everything!

University open days

• University of Bath
    University of Bath Postgraduate Virtual Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.