The Student Room Group

Work Experience Certificate

Basically in my school most people got work experience certificates but I didn't because it was needed for some qualification. This was probably in May but it is now August and I have still not got it. I contacted the teacher who took my certificate and she said to come and collect in from the reception on a specific day and time. But when I went, the receptionist couldn't find my certificate saying that they 'cleaned' the reception so it must have been misplaced.She just took my name and said she would look for it. I don't know what to do there is no point contacting that teacher anymore because she doesn't have it does anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking of telling my mum to call the reception on results day so that they can look for it and when I come to my school, they will have it with them. I know it is just a certificate but I earned it so why should I not get it?

(I ****ing hate my school ughh)
Original post by MusicFangirl630
Basically in my school most people got work experience certificates but I didn't because it was needed for some qualification. This was probably in May but it is now August and I have still not got it. I contacted the teacher who took my certificate and she said to come and collect in from the reception on a specific day and time. But when I went, the receptionist couldn't find my certificate saying that they 'cleaned' the reception so it must have been misplaced.She just took my name and said she would look for it. I don't know what to do there is no point contacting that teacher anymore because she doesn't have it does anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking of telling my mum to call the reception on results day so that they can look for it and when I come to my school, they will have it with them. I know it is just a certificate but I earned it so why should I not get it?

(I ****ing hate my school ughh)

Just contact the school with all the relevant details.
Name- details about work experience- name of teacher
Tell them they have misplaced your certificate and you would like them to find it or failing that issue you with a new one.

If your mum wants to ring thats fine. The school will sort it out if you give them the information. Normally be teacher in charge of all work experience, head of year or headmaster. You are right in asking for it as its yours, just ask the right person and give them everything they need. Chill.

Quick Reply