nabrown
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm thinking of applying to Durham for Accounting & Finance/ Accounting & Management (2018 entry). I was wondering in terms of distance which colleges would be the closest to the classes. Also, since it would be the first year the course is held in Durham City instead of the Queen campus would people on the same course but in their second year move to a college in durham city?
username3479192
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not sure where in Durham city your course will be taught. However, if you look at a map of durham colleges (can be found on the web), many are near near the main uni departments, and some (university college, hatfield etc) are in the town. Hild and Bede is probably the furthest from the main uni site. They are all within walking distance of the town and uni.
Mild Child
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not 100% sure where the course will be taught in 2018, although I imagine it'd be moved to the Business School on Millhill Lane. Like the above poster said, all the colleges are within walking distance of the university, so you can't go wrong simply choosing the college you feel the most affinity for. A few suggestions to consider, though: St. Aidan's would be the closest college to the Business School, but the Bill Bryson library is also a valuable resource (even for a lowly Music student like myself), so as a compromise I would suggest Grey College, which is absolutely lush and verdant, and right next to the Botanic Gardens. St Mary's is lovely, too, as well as St. Cuth's Parson's Field accommodations if you're looking to be self-catered. (Plus Parson's is a stone's throw away from the city centre and the University Health Centre.) You still have a while to look at your options; I'd suggest attending an open day to get a feel of the atmosphere of each college.

Holy wall of text! I hope this helps in some way
username3479192
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Normally colleges take first year students. People move into private accom in the town for the second year. Many move back to college for the third year. I would expect this to be the same for stockton transfers unless a special arrangement has been made for second years.
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
^ You move out in 2nd year, with the usual scramble of self-organising house share group for Year 2 in first 3 months of arrival as a fresher.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads