The Student Room Group

Is Harry Potter now immortal?

I have read all of the books 10+ times and there's always something that bothers me. The prophecy concerning Harry and Voldemort states 'neither can live whilst the other survives' and most people take this to mean that one of them must kill the other. But what if it's ambigious? What if there's an underlying meaning to the theory?

What if it means that they can only be killed by each other? Doesn't that mean that Harry, by killing Voldemort, has now forfeited his OWN death in order to save the wizarding world from Voldemort's grasp- which of course is the ultimate sacrifice for Harry, because now he can never reunite with his many loved ones in death.

Help me please, this is driving me insane
-Abbie x
I hardly think Harry can now be immortal seeing as he's an ordinary human being, who just happens to be a wizard. Voldemort was trying to become immortal by splitting his soul into seven pieces, and storing each one in a Horcrux. Harry would surely have to do the same with his own soul to achieve immortality.
It doesn't seem to say anything about the other having to kill each other... just that they both cannot exist in this world at the same time (imo)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending