Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

for my gcse's i got a b in enlish lit and a c lang, a d in both science and maths, a c in german, an a in ict, a d for history and re and an e for business. They said i had to have 5 c's for what i want to do in college (english lit, media and psycology -and now a re take of maths gcse). do you think thay will let me in college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fritz)
    for my gcse's i got a b in enlish lit and a c lang, a d in both science and maths, a c in german, an a in ict, a d for history and re and an e for business. They said i had to have 5 c's for what i want to do in college (english lit, media and psycology -and now a re take of maths gcse). do you think thay will let me in college?
    only they can tell you... cant you contact them: most places have people in this week to prepare for term...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fritz)
    You'll have to phone them up or go in and speak to someone. My sixth form asks for 6 Cs or above but my sister got 5 and they let her in.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what college you would like to got to or the grade requirements to get in.
    If it is a college which is an extension of your school then Im sure it will be acceptable.
    Also the college would be interested in the retake you would do and your attitude towards your career.
    Some colleges have high requirements others dnt....

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 A, 4 B and 5 C and got in. I didn't fill the requirements they wanted with my Geography GCSE but I'm still taking it for AS/A2 level.

I have a friend who wanted to take Alevel Biology & Chemistry, she needed a BB in GCSE DA Science, but got CC. When she phoned her College they told her that she could do AVCE Science instead. She's much happier about taking an AVCE as it covers all 3 Sciences, compared to just 2 like she was going to take originally.

I'm sure they'll find you a course to suit what you want/need. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll let you in, especially as you'll be doing a re-take of Maths GCSE, but definately ring them up and ask them. It's not as if you missed the boundary by a long way and you've probably done better than other people that will get in (in that they could get 5 Cs and get in, you got an A and a B as well - that will count for a lot).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenSpirit)
    I got 3 A, 4 B and 5 C and got in. I didn't fill the requirements they wanted with my Geography GCSE but I'm still taking it for AS/A2 level.

I have a friend who wanted to take Alevel Biology & Chemistry, she needed a BB in GCSE DA Science, but got CC. When she phoned her College they told her that she could do AVCE Science instead. She's much happier about taking an AVCE as it covers all 3 Sciences, compared to just 2 like she was going to take originally.

I'm sure they'll find you a course to suit what you want/need. Good luck.
    Hiya. Didn't realise you had an account on here.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. Our 6th form (part of my school) required 5 A*-C grades for 4 A-levels and 4 A*-C grades for 3 A-levels. Many people didn't fill the criterion but still were allowed in. The only departments which kept to specific grades requirements were maths and english. It really depends on the college/6th form.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya. Didn't realise you had an account on here.
    Yeah, not posted much though lol.

ReputationRep:
    As people have said, it will depend on the college and how high the entry requirements are, but I think a lot goes on your attitude as well. If you come across as mature, determined and willing to work hard to get the grades, that will probably influence their decision, and as you got a B in English lit, you shouldn't have a problem there. Also you've only chosen 3 subjects when most people do 4, so I would think the grades you got would be good enough, especially as you got an A and a B and you're going to resit maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fritz)
    There's only one way to find out. Ask. Your college might be sympathetic.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.