BubblegumPops
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Basically I haven't done that well in AS hence have decided to post here so that I can motivate myself to get 3As this year.

I am currently doing:
Religious Studies (Ocr) new spec
Psychology (Aqa)
History (Aqa) - Making of modern Britain 1951-2007 and Russia in the age of Absolutism and Enlightenment 1682-1796

One of my biggest motivations has to be Ibz mo who aced his Alevels and Jack Edwards who got 3 A*s. That just goes to show anyone can achieve their target, with alot of hard work !

Note to Future self: You will thank me for this on results day 🙄🙄
Quirky Object
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BubblegumPops)
Basically I haven't done that well in AS hence have decided to post here so that I can motivate myself to get 3As this year.

I am currently doing:
Psychology (Aqa)
History (Aqa) - Making of modern Britain 1951-2007 and Russia in the age of Absolutism and Enlightenment 1682-1796

One of my biggest motivations has to be Ibz mo who aced his Alevels and Jack Edwards who got 3 A*s. That just goes to show anyone can achieve their target, with alot of hard work !

I've moved your thread to the Grow Your Grades forum, where study blogs normally go. Grow Your Grades 2018 hasn't started yet, so you're early

That's a really good attitude to have; best of luck with Year 13!
chickenfajitas
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good luck!! I'll be keeping a lookout on what you're up to on this thread
BubblegumPops
Rep:
?
(Original post by chickenfajitas)
Good luck!! I'll be keeping a lookout on what you're up to on this thread
Thank you! I'll be observing you closely as well 👀 Let's hope I make a start on this soon because 0 motivation right now lol
BubblegumPops
Rep:
?
21st August
Completed some of my internship
I need to start redoing all my AS notes especially for psychology but 0 motivation.
BubblegumPops
Rep:
?
2nd September 2017 (Saturday)

Today is the day I start finishing off holiday homework
-Do history coursework
-Start redoing psychology notes for AS
-Do internship forum posts
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BubblegumPops)

I am currently doing:
Psychology (Aqa)

Good luck for this year! Are you applying for uni this year?
BubblegumPops
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Good luck for this year! Are you applying for uni this year?
That's a very good question. Eh I was planning to take a gap year anyway but defer my entry but it looks like i'm not gonna be predicated as high as I want to be. So instead of wasting time, I'm gonna apply after my results which are hopefully as high as I need them to be.
BubblegumPops
Rep:
?
17th October /First term update
Literally been so busy for the past for weeks hence I have not been updating my blog! However during that time, I managed to finish my internship and keep on top of my A2 work which I'm proud of. I have been getting positive feedback with high marks on my history essays and my history teachers said I am doing so much more better than last year and I've come such a long way which makes me super happy! For RS, I'm really lost in the topic we're doing with one of my teachers as she doesn't explain properly and its confusing. And I need to hand in my first A2 essay this week which I am looking forward to getting marked. For psychology, we are currently finishing off bio psychology and doing research methods. I have been keeping up to date with the notes so I am really pleased with myself.

However, despite all this, I feel anxious about exams because they're only 32 weeks away. I really don't know how I can be keeping on top of A2 and going over AS but I need to figure that out soon as I have a lot of content to learn! I need to get a move on with my coursework as I am lagging behind because my teacher doesnt use NEA lessons for NEA.

Overall, this term has been good to me. I have achieved new skills and worked really hard. I have learned it comes down to studying SMART not studying HARD. I hope I can pull off my hardwork during mocks! I will be doing another update at the start of half-term to remind myself of all the things I need to do lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.56%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.72%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.01%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.7%

Watched Threads