Report 2 years ago
Absolutely hate (most) chavs
Wanderlust96
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Boredom101)
My "apparent" witnessing, isn't by just me but others as well. Just type in asian chav into google check images and see what you find. It has been used on people that aren't white.
My post says there were "described as appropriating black culture" not necessarily that the word derived from black culture.
The fact that you have to type Asian chav proves that 'chav' alone does not apply to Asian people. Now go back to google and type in 'chav'. All white working class people. Why didn't have to type in white chav?
username3441700
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Wanderlust96)
The fact that you have to type Asian chav proves that 'chav' alone does not apply to Asian people. Now go back to google and type in 'chav'. All white working class people. Why didn't have to type in white chav?
Fair enough, I see your point however I was referring to the fact that it isn't only used on white people
Whilst it usually has relations to white working class people it isn't wholly used on white people
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rwl45)
The word chav is a derogatory term.
Good, Chavs are awful, annoying and disgusting people
obviousReason
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Since they adopt both a style of dress and behaviour that marks them as chavs Im sure they are conscious of their Chavness and equally consciously identify with all that word embodies. They, however, will see the traits as positive and will disregard negative comments as being uneducated outsiders opinions. I imagine they see themselves as the backbone of the country standing up for
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (182)
52.75%
18-20 years old (no) (39)
11.3%
20-25 years old (yes) (57)
16.52%
20-25 years old (no) (7)
2.03%
25-30 years old (yes) (23)
6.67%