Methods Of Revision??? Watch

queenmeelzx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So, I have like loads of assessments and stuff and I was wondering if anyone could give me any examples of different revision methods? Because no matter how much I try I am not getting great results on my tests and my Science, History and R.E. are beginning to be quite concerning... So far I have tried with writing loads of random information into excersize books and it hasn't improves my results what-so-ever! I have also tried getting information from the BBC revision websites and writing down facts and doing loads of highlighting and fancy stuff but its still not working for me. Before Year 9 I want to get my revision techniques right. Any advice?
LennyBicknel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Highlighting is a waste of time, as is making notes look 'pretty'. My method for both History and Biology was condensing notes from my textbook onto word documents, pasting short sections onto flashcards, creating relevant questions for them, and continually going over them. Re-writing notes can help, but is time-consuming and inefficient if it consists of simply copying out of a textbook.
FloralPrints
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by queenmeelzx)
So, I have like loads of assessments and stuff and I was wondering if anyone could give me any examples of different revision methods? Because no matter how much I try I am not getting great results on my tests and my Science, History and R.E. are beginning to be quite concerning... So far I have tried with writing loads of random information into excersize books and it hasn't improves my results what-so-ever! I have also tried getting information from the BBC revision websites and writing down facts and doing loads of highlighting and fancy stuff but its still not working for me. Before Year 9 I want to get my revision techniques right. Any advice?
I just left year 9 and history is one of my favourite subjects. I revised for end of year exams by writing notes and saying those notes out loud. I literally just looked at a wall and made sure i said my notes word for word until it was stuck in my head. You can also get a family member to test you on key dates, definitions, key events and key people etc. Also wherever i went i was reciting my history notes in my head or whispering them on the way to school or before i go to bed. Personally, this worked for me because im a vocal learner. Give it a try! Hope it works and all the best in Year 9!! 💗💗💗
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (22)
25.58%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (24)
27.91%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (19)
22.09%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (7)
8.14%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (14)
16.28%

Watched Threads