The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Crewe Flats or Crescent Flats?

Deciding between the two right now, just asking for people's opinions about the two and which would be a better choice (preferably from people who have seen both and don't hold bias over one option). :smile:
Original post by ChezB
Deciding between the two right now, just asking for people's opinions about the two and which would be a better choice (preferably from people who have seen both and don't hold bias over one option). :smile:

To be honest, there's not a lot of difference between the two. They are both shared bathroom, both have very similar facilities (kitchen and bathrooms) the main difference is where they are situated. Crescent flats are actually in Endcliffe and very close to the taxi rank (which is really helpful). I could be wrong but I believe Endcliffe Crescent flats have less people in and are usually single-sex? But I could be wrong on that! Crewe flats are nearer to the catered accommodation and are not exactly where all the other stuff in Endcliffe is, like The Edge or the laundry but probably the same distance from uni really. It is in an older building with nice grounds outside, and this means that you have quite big rooms/living space because it is an old building. I got the impression that there was a really big community in Crewe and everyone seemed to know each other, but that was just when I was there, I'm sure it changes each year depending on how everyone gets on with each other!

You can actually have a look at Crewe flats here:
http://360degreevirtualtours.group.shef.ac.uk/ranmoor-endcliffe/undergraduate/standard
(edited 6 years ago)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest