GCSE grades:
Why Neuroscience?
Imogen1208
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, I'm Imogen!
I'm a gap year student so I already have my grades, I got A*AB (psychology, chemistry and biology)
I'm thinking of applying to Manchester, Nottingham, Leeds, Bristol and KCL, wbu?
AmeliaLost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
University choices: Bristol, KCL, Cardiff, Sussex. Also applying to EP at Oxford for the lols. Wanted to apply for NatSci (neuro pathway) at Cambs but I don't have anywhere I can study A-levels anymore (sixth form college closed after I had been accepted!)
What subject(s) are currently studying?: I'm taking an Access to HE - Science course, so studying bio, chem & maths.
A-levels see sob story above
GCSEs were a decade ago, so not really relevant anymore!
Why Neuroscience? I was interested in psychology, then started becoming more interested in the biological underpinning than pure behavioral study. I have a pet interest in models of neurodivergence, as that's where I started out in my reading, plus I'm autistic myself. Apart from that my curiosity is pretty broad!
hysterria
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
University choices: Definitely Glasgow and Edinburgh, possibly Bristol, Sussex, Aberdeen, Manchester, KCL & Newcastle
What subject(s) are you currently studying?: Brace yourselves... biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, Dutch, English, French, philosophy and music.
Grades: Well I'm not from the UK sooo... I'm planning to get an 8 on my Dutch VWO and with that I'd meet at least the minimum entry requirements for the universities above.
Why Neuroscience?: Because I like science, but also because I think the human brain is one of the most fascinating things in the universe and there's so much we've yet to find out!
Imogen1208
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you applying for BSc neuroscience or MSci?
MadamePompadour
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
University choices: Keele

What subject are you currently studying? Access to HE Science (Biology and Physics)

GCSE grades: None I'm too old for GCSEs

Why Neuroscience? Why not? Plus it's really really interesting and I have personal experience of a good few neurological conditions that I fancy having a go at curing 😁
rose.a
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
University choices: so far I've only choosen Aberdeen because theirs is the only course offering neuroscience with psychology (as far as I know).
What subject(s) are currently studying?: biology, chemistry and math.
Predicted A2 grades: AAA
AS grades: ABBCC
GCSE grades: 4A* and 2A
Why Neuroscience? The original plan was Medicine, but AS grades are not good enough. So I found neuroscience and fell in love with it.
AmeliaLost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rose.a)
University choices: so far I've only choosen Aberdeen because theirs is the only course offering neuroscience with psychology (as far as I know).
Sussex do too http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/underg...ience-bsc/2017 off the top of my head. Also some places do psychology bscs with strong neuroscience or cognitive neuroscience modules, but not explicitly dual honours.
MadamePompadour
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rose.a)
University choices: so far I've only choosen Aberdeen because theirs is the only course offering neuroscience with psychology
Keele University in Staffordshire also offer a joint honours neuroscience with psychology.
bioenthusiast
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm applying for a mix of Biomed and Neuroscience.University choices: Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester. Possibly Warwick tooWhat subject(s) are currently studying?: Biology, Psychology, Government and PoliticsPredicted A2 grades: A*ABAS grades: AABCGCSE grades: 7 A's, 2 B's, 2 C'sWhy Neuroscience? I find the brain so fascinating and would love to know how one organ affects everything we do.
caro36384
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
University choices: St Andrews, Exeter, Nottingham, Birmingham and UCL
What subject(s) are currently studying? Nothing - on gap year
A2 grades: A*A*A*A in bio, psych, eng lit and chem (Already have them)
AS grades: didnt do any, all my courses were linear
GCSE grades: 5A* 7A
Why Neuroscience? really like psychology and biology and seems a good blend of them both whilst encompassing a bit of medicine
weoeooeo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
University choices: UCL(MSci), KCL(MSci), Leicester(Bsc), Sussex (MSci) Queen Mary's (Bsc)
What subject(s) are currently studying?:
Biology, Chemistry, Psychology
Predicted A2 grades: AAA
AS grades:AAB
GCSE grades:1A*,3As, 6Bs
Why Neuroscience? The Italian Neurosurgeon doing the head transplant inspired me ngl, also really interested in learning more about neurodegenerative diseases and brain tumour effects on the nervous system
neuro140
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
University choices: UCL(BSc), KCL(BSc), Leeds(Bsc), Manchester (BSc) Bristol (Bsc)
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Biology, Chemistry, English
Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A
AS grades: A*A*A
GCSE grades:10 A*
Why Neuroscience? How could one not want to study Neuroscience, really?
Lily27
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
University Choices: Nottingham (Neuroscience BSc), Keele (Neuroscience BSc), Aston (Neuroscience BSc), Liverpool (Psychology BSc), Bangor (Psychology with Neuropsychology BSc)
What subject(s) currently studying?: Biology, Psychology, PE & EPQ
Predicted A2 grades: AAB (A* EPQ)
AS grades: I didnt take any - all of my courses are linear.
GCSE grades: 4 A's, 7 B's, 1 C
Why Neuroscience? I find sleep so interesting with all of the biological rythms and hormes changing overtime, so I thought to carry on my interest and a potential career in research that Neuroscience was a good path to take.
Imogen1208
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has anyone got an offer for neuroscience yet?
caro36384
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Imogen1208)
I applied Friday, got all my acknowledgment emails within 48 hours but nothing since! You?
Imogen1208
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by morgan1999)
I applied Friday, got all my acknowledgment emails within 48 hours but nothing since! You?
I’m just waiting for my reference to been sent off before I can apply🙁
caro36384
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’m just waiting for my reference to been sent off before I can apply🙁
Oh right that’s a frustrating wait :/ I don’t know if anyone’s had offers yet for it tho so I wouldn’t worry!
neuro140
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got offers at three unis, an interview in the fourth and still waiting to hear from the fifth (nerve-wracking)
Have you heard from any unis yet?
Imogen1208
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by neuro140)
I got offers at three unis, an interview in the fourth and still waiting to hear from the fifth (nerve-wracking)
Have you heard from any unis yet?
Wow, congratulations! When did you apply? I only sent my application on Wednesday so I’ve just got the acknowledgment emails so far. Fingers crossed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (581)
34.2%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (698)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (342)
20.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (78)
4.59%

Watched Threads