University choices:
    What subject(s) are currently studying?:
    Predicted A2 grades:
    AS grades:
    GCSE grades:
    Why Neuroscience?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm Imogen!
    I'm a gap year student so I already have my grades, I got A*AB (psychology, chemistry and biology)
    I'm thinking of applying to Manchester, Nottingham, Leeds, Bristol and KCL, wbu?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    University choices: Bristol, KCL, Cardiff, Sussex. Also applying to EP at Oxford for the lols. Wanted to apply for NatSci (neuro pathway) at Cambs but I don't have anywhere I can study A-levels anymore (sixth form college closed after I had been accepted!)
    What subject(s) are currently studying?: I'm taking an Access to HE - Science course, so studying bio, chem & maths.
    A-levels see sob story above
    GCSEs were a decade ago, so not really relevant anymore!
    Why Neuroscience? I was interested in psychology, then started becoming more interested in the biological underpinning than pure behavioral study. I have a pet interest in models of neurodivergence, as that's where I started out in my reading, plus I'm autistic myself. Apart from that my curiosity is pretty broad!

ReputationRep:
    University choices: Definitely Glasgow and Edinburgh, possibly Bristol, Sussex, Aberdeen, Manchester, KCL & Newcastle
    What subject(s) are you currently studying?: Brace yourselves... biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, Dutch, English, French, philosophy and music.
    Grades: Well I'm not from the UK sooo... I'm planning to get an 8 on my Dutch VWO and with that I'd meet at least the minimum entry requirements for the universities above.
    Why Neuroscience?: Because I like science, but also because I think the human brain is one of the most fascinating things in the universe and there's so much we've yet to find out!

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying for BSc neuroscience or MSci?

ReputationRep:
    University choices: Keele

What subject are you currently studying? Access to HE Science (Biology and Physics)

GCSE grades: None I'm too old for GCSEs

Why Neuroscience? Why not? Plus it's really really interesting and I have personal experience of a good few neurological conditions that I fancy having a go at curing 😁

ReputationRep:
    University choices: so far I've only choosen Aberdeen because theirs is the only course offering neuroscience with psychology (as far as I know).
    What subject(s) are currently studying?: biology, chemistry and math.
    Predicted A2 grades: AAA
    AS grades: ABBCC
    GCSE grades: 4A* and 2A
    Why Neuroscience? The original plan was Medicine, but AS grades are not good enough. So I found neuroscience and fell in love with it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by rose.a)
    University choices: so far I've only choosen Aberdeen because theirs is the only course offering neuroscience with psychology (as far as I know).
    Sussex do too http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/underg...ience-bsc/2017 off the top of my head. Also some places do psychology bscs with strong neuroscience or cognitive neuroscience modules, but not explicitly dual honours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rose.a)
    University choices: so far I've only choosen Aberdeen because theirs is the only course offering neuroscience with psychology
    Keele University in Staffordshire also offer a joint honours neuroscience with psychology.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for a mix of Biomed and Neuroscience.University choices: Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester. Possibly Warwick tooWhat subject(s) are currently studying?: Biology, Psychology, Government and PoliticsPredicted A2 grades: A*ABAS grades: AABCGCSE grades: 7 A's, 2 B's, 2 C'sWhy Neuroscience? I find the brain so fascinating and would love to know how one organ affects everything we do.

ReputationRep:
    University choices: St Andrews, Exeter, Nottingham, Birmingham and UCL
    What subject(s) are currently studying? Nothing - on gap year
    A2 grades: A*A*A*A in bio, psych, eng lit and chem (Already have them)
    AS grades: didnt do any, all my courses were linear
    GCSE grades: 5A* 7A
    Why Neuroscience? really like psychology and biology and seems a good blend of them both whilst encompassing a bit of medicine

ReputationRep:
    University choices: UCL(MSci), KCL(MSci), Leicester(Bsc), Sussex (MSci) Queen Mary's (Bsc)
    What subject(s) are currently studying?:
    Biology, Chemistry, Psychology
    Predicted A2 grades: AAA
    AS grades:AAB
    GCSE grades:1A*,3As, 6Bs
    Why Neuroscience? The Italian Neurosurgeon doing the head transplant inspired me ngl, also really interested in learning more about neurodegenerative diseases and brain tumour effects on the nervous system

ReputationRep:
    University choices: UCL(BSc), KCL(BSc), Leeds(Bsc), Manchester (BSc) Bristol (Bsc)
    What subject(s) are currently studying?: Biology, Chemistry, English
    Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A
    AS grades: A*A*A
    GCSE grades:10 A*
    Why Neuroscience? How could one not want to study Neuroscience, really?

ReputationRep:
    University Choices: Nottingham (Neuroscience BSc), Keele (Neuroscience BSc), Aston (Neuroscience BSc), Liverpool (Psychology BSc), Bangor (Psychology with Neuropsychology BSc)
    What subject(s) currently studying?: Biology, Psychology, PE & EPQ
    Predicted A2 grades: AAB (A* EPQ)
    AS grades: I didnt take any - all of my courses are linear.
    GCSE grades: 4 A's, 7 B's, 1 C
    Why Neuroscience? I find sleep so interesting with all of the biological rythms and hormes changing overtime, so I thought to carry on my interest and a potential career in research that Neuroscience was a good path to take.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for neuroscience yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imogen1208)
    I applied Friday, got all my acknowledgment emails within 48 hours but nothing since! You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan1999)
    I applied Friday, got all my acknowledgment emails within 48 hours but nothing since! You?
    I’m just waiting for my reference to been sent off before I can apply🙁

ReputationRep:
    I’m just waiting for my reference to been sent off before I can apply🙁
    Oh right that’s a frustrating wait :/ I don’t know if anyone’s had offers yet for it tho so I wouldn’t worry!

ReputationRep:
    I got offers at three unis, an interview in the fourth and still waiting to hear from the fifth (nerve-wracking)
    Have you heard from any unis yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuro140)
    I got offers at three unis, an interview in the fourth and still waiting to hear from the fifth (nerve-wracking)
    Have you heard from any unis yet?
    Wow, congratulations! When did you apply? I only sent my application on Wednesday so I’ve just got the acknowledgment emails so far. Fingers crossed.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.