The Student Room Group

How do I get to my goal??

Okay so I'm currently year 8 going into year 9, and my current "chosen" gcse subjects are triple science, business, history and music. My dream for a long time has been to study medicine at Cambridge and to become a doctor, preferably as a pediatritian. But how do I get there? What gcse subjects do I take? What A levels? How do I increase my chances of getting in? I already take part in extracurricular activities to do with first aid and I am trained. I've been top in my year since I started school so there wouldn't be much I'd find difficult. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Orlaniamhgc
Okay so I'm currently year 8 going into year 9, and my current "chosen" gcse subjects are triple science, business, history and music. My dream for a long time has been to study medicine at Cambridge and to become a doctor, preferably as a pediatritian. But how do I get there? What gcse subjects do I take? What A levels? How do I increase my chances of getting in? I already take part in extracurricular activities to do with first aid and I am trained. I've been top in my year since I started school so there wouldn't be much I'd find difficult. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Your GCSE subjects are fine - you've got a good range of subjects, just carry on working hard and aim to get as many A*s as possible in year 10/11. That's really all you need to be doing at the moment - it's really too early to be thinking about A level choices etc.
Nothing apart from your GCSE really matters until you get to sixth-form. I might say get some work experience but it's far too early and you're probably too young for most places. Get as many A*s as you can basically but apart from that, caaaalm :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Democracy
Your GCSE subjects are fine - you've got a good range of subjects, just carry on working hard and aim to get as many A*s as possible in year 10/11. That's really all you need to be doing at the moment - it's really too early to be thinking about A level choices etc.

Thank you so much, this has helped a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest