Geography study websites/YoutTube channels? Watch

ScienceGeek1878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, does anyone know of any study sites,Youtube channels or resources for NEW SPEC A level geography, AQA specifically?
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ScienceGeek1878)
Hi, does anyone know of any study sites,Youtube channels or resources for NEW SPEC A level geography, AQA specifically?
i can't speak specifically for AQA or any exam board. but speaking from experience success in A level geography comes fro taking an interest in the things you cover in class, as often examples of them are happening as we speak somewhere around the world. make a point of reading the science/environment section on the bbc news websites- anything that you think is relevant read it and make you're own case studies (you will be more likely to remember it if you made the case study yourself instead of just reading it in a text book).
other resources i used to do this during my a level geography were:
-national geographic (both their magazines which i subscribed to and their articles online- follow them on facebook/twitter)
-geographical- offical magazine of the royal geographical society- again i subscribed to this ( and still do) very useful and more relevant to the uk i find that national geographic. they also have articles you can read online or get a email subscription (which i think is free)

- also I would like to plug my own geography blog :angelblush:- i started writing this as a revision aid for myself and others needing info for gcse/ a level geography. various geography articles on there (physical and human). some of the most recent ones are based on material i learnt during studying for my geography degree, but nothing too complex i don't think. :excited:

https://vamoswearegolden.wordpress.com/

if you have time pm me and let me know what you think
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.66%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.24%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.58%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.87%
How can I be the best version of myself? (192)
30.09%

Watched Threads