The Student Room Group

Geography study websites/YoutTube channels?

Hi, does anyone know of any study sites,Youtube channels or resources for NEW SPEC A level geography, AQA specifically?
Reply 1
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
Hi, does anyone know of any study sites,Youtube channels or resources for NEW SPEC A level geography, AQA specifically?

i can't speak specifically for AQA or any exam board. but speaking from experience success in A level geography comes fro taking an interest in the things you cover in class, as often examples of them are happening as we speak somewhere around the world. make a point of reading the science/environment section on the bbc news websites- anything that you think is relevant read it and make you're own case studies (you will be more likely to remember it if you made the case study yourself instead of just reading it in a text book).
other resources i used to do this during my a level geography were:
-national geographic (both their magazines which i subscribed to and their articles online- follow them on facebook/twitter)
-geographical- offical magazine of the royal geographical society- again i subscribed to this ( and still do) very useful and more relevant to the uk i find that national geographic. they also have articles you can read online or get a email subscription (which i think is free)

- also I would like to plug my own geography blog :angelblush:- i started writing this as a revision aid for myself and others needing info for gcse/ a level geography. various geography articles on there (physical and human). some of the most recent ones are based on material i learnt during studying for my geography degree, but nothing too complex i don't think. :excited:

https://vamoswearegolden.wordpress.com/

if you have time pm me and let me know what you think

Quick Reply

Latest