a level choices help Watch

amypops
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
So I've been thinking about my alevel choices and the subjects I've been wondering are:
Mathematics
Biology
Chemistry
English lit
Further maths

I want to pick 3 of them, however I'm not sure how these subjects would be at A-Level. Can anyone tell me their experiences on either of those subjects, can you also comment on the difficulty, workload and how interesting they are.
jadder1224
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amypops)
Hi,
So I've been thinking about my alevel choices and the subjects I've been wondering are:
Mathematics
Biology
Chemistry
English lit
Further maths

I want to pick 3 of them, however I'm not sure how these subjects would be at A-Level. Can anyone tell me their experiences on either of those subjects, can you also comment on the difficulty, workload and how interesting they are.
Hi there!
I took A level Biology and Chemistry.
Biology - I used to love Biology! The plant topic used to be my favourite. The difficulty varied mainly with the topic, for example, I always found the human body topic the hardest. But overall, Biology was okay, with the concepts and information you have to remember. Biology's workload was good too. Also, it was so interesting.

Chemistry - I'll admit, I didn't used to be good at chemistry during AS, achieving a C grade at the end of the year. But during A2, I understood almost everything I was taught. So I would say that Chemistry is harder in comparison to Biology, but it is certainly not impossible. The workload for chemistry was a bit more, but that was due to me practising questions until I was comfortable with the topic. I found Chemistry interesting, not so much in AS level because I didn't understand it, but in A2, it became a lot more interesting. Green chemistry was my favourite topic.

Hope this helps and good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.06%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.43%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (51)
20.48%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (31)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (74)
29.72%

Watched Threads