The Student Room Group

The Thick of It

Can we have some appreciation for the BBC political satire 'The Thick of It'. Peter Capaldi's performances is one of the funniest in modern television and I think more people really need to check it out
Original post by DarkFauna
Can we have some appreciation for the BBC political satire 'The Thick of It'. Peter Capaldi's performances is one of the funniest in modern television and I think more people really need to check it out

It's absolutely hysterical, one of my all time favourites alongside Blackadder. 'You're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive' is the funniest line I think I've ever heard.
Reply 2
Original post by lukey67791
It's absolutely hysterical, one of my all time favourites alongside Blackadder. 'You're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive' is the funniest line I think I've ever heard.

I agree with it being up there with Blackadder (series 2-4 anyway XD)
Original post by DarkFauna
I agree with it being up there with Blackadder (series 2-4 anyway XD)

We don't talk about season one of Blackadder, it doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.
Reply 4
Original post by lukey67791
We don't talk about season one of Blackadder, it doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.

Just an example of how when done well, British comedy can be the funniest in the world and when done poorly, it can be the worst
Reply 5
There are times when I wish I could release my inner Malcolm Tucker.

"I will tear your ****ing skin off, I will wear it to your mother’s birthday party, and I will rub your nuts up and down her leg whilst whistling Bohemian ****ing Rhapsody, right?!”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending