Access course with Learndirect? Anyone else?

Watch
username3470858
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I've just started an access to HE course with learn direct. Just wondered if there was anyone else on here doing the same? I've taken the Health (Nursing) route. Be nice to be in touch with people on a similar course
zoe.f1001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm just about to enrol on the general health access course and would love to be in touch with someone doing the same kind of thing! How are you finding it?
username3470858
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by zoe.f1001)
I'm just about to enrol on the general health access course and would love to be in touch with someone doing the same kind of thing! How are you finding it?
Hi, yeah it is fine at the minute but I'm only on unit 2! PM me if you want to chat on Facebook or anything
zoe.f1001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bronskibeats)
Hi, yeah it is fine at the minute but I'm only on unit 2! PM me if you want to chat on Facebook or anything
Pm'd you
samixcv
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Social sciences & Humanties pathway here🙋*♂️ ... Just waiting for identity to be verified atm. Would love to hear others' experiences/advice!
marleenwatts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I am about the enrol onto the general health access course too. Do you know if it's possible to complete the course in the next 9 months, studying approx 20 hours a week? Thanks.
Khloeh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi all!

How are you finding the course? I'm thinking of applying. Do any of you know if it is possible to apply for a university place for next September if we complete this course by June?
AnnaGlypta
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Khloeh)
Hi all!

How are you finding the course? I'm thinking of applying. Do any of you know if it is possible to apply for a university place for next September if we complete this course by June?
I'm not doing an access course through learn direct but I'm applying for entry next September and should finish my course around June so yeah, it is.
science_geeks
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone!! Sorry that I'm posting 2 years after this was thread was made but, I've enrolled on the access to HE medicine and healthcare professions diploma with Learn direct and was wondering if anyone had any advice and I'd love to know what people's experience had been like!!
Tisha_1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I’ve also enrolled on an Access course with learn direct yesterday Social Science and Health pathway. How are you finding your course so far?
merrington
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hiya - I'm thinking of enrolling for the midwifery access course. Would love to know how you're both finding it so far?!
Laura76
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi all! It's good to see recent posts! Most posts I see are from 2 Yrs plus old. I'm seriously considering enrolling on the Access to Health Professionals with learn direct with a view of enrolling on the Nursing Associate (mental health or a&e) or Paramedic Science at Uclan or LJMU next September 🤞 I am so unsure about distance learning providers but I cannot afford to take time out of work for conventional college. Learn Direct were suggested to me by my local college (Southport College) and Distance Learning Centre.Com also seem to be pretty damn good, they have fantastic reviews on their FB page, not so many on Learn Direct 🙄 which always puts a doubt in your mind. I need to decide on taking the plunge by 8th September. I'm just dreading how hard the course will be, I haven't studied for so long (1993!!)
username5384002
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by science_geeks;8914797h2)
Hi everyone!! Sorry that I'm posting 2 years after this was thread was made but, I've enrolled on the access to HE medicine and healthcare professions diploma with Learn direct and was wondering if anyone had any advice and I'd love to know what people's experience had been like!!
Hi how old are you? And how are you finding it?
26maris
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Laura76)
Hi all! It's good to see recent posts! Most posts I see are from 2 Yrs plus old. I'm seriously considering enrolling on the Access to Health Professionals with learn direct with a view of enrolling on the Nursing Associate (mental health or a&e) or Paramedic Science at Uclan or LJMU next September 🤞 I am so unsure about distance learning providers but I cannot afford to take time out of work for conventional college. Learn Direct were suggested to me by my local college (Southport College) and Distance Learning Centre.Com also seem to be pretty damn good, they have fantastic reviews on their FB page, not so many on Learn Direct 🙄 which always puts a doubt in your mind. I need to decide on taking the plunge by 8th September. I'm just dreading how hard the course will be, I haven't studied for so long (1993!!)
Hi. I’ve just started a Learn Direct Access course. Not been in education since 1995 so this is all new to me! Still having pangs of “what the hell am I doing??”
I’ve made a start on assignment but not handed anything in yet...
Laura76
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by KueQ22)
Hi how old are you? And how are you finding it?
I'm 44 😱 I haven't decided yet. I've been offered full time employment at a private mental health hospital that provides full training and qualifications. But the shift hours are set as 7am til 7:30pm or vice versa. I'm not sure how I'll manage with my 8 Yr old. I thought there would more variety of shifts.
My other option is part job and Access course..
timdr500
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Bronskibeats zoe.f1001 26maris Tisha_1 science_geeks AnnaGlypta marleenwatts samixcv

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of doing a learn direct access to HE course onlone. What was/is your experience with learn direct? Are they good? I saw that in their last Ofsted report in 2017 they received 'inadequate'. Has it improved since then? Did you do it online? How good is there online service?

Thanks very much!
26maris
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by timdr500)
Bronskibeats zoe.f1001 26maris Tisha_1 science_geeks AnnaGlypta marleenwatts samixcv

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of doing a learn direct access to HE course onlone. What was/is your experience with learn direct? Are they good? I saw that in their last Ofsted report in 2017 they received 'inadequate'. Has it improved since then? Did you do it online? How good is there online service?

Thanks very much!
Hi, I'm plugging away at it at the moment on unit 5 (which is really the start of the course!) there a a few assignments that you have to complete first before you actually get into your chosen course.....its quite frustrating, but can see why they LD have done this as I have been out of education since 1995.
There is support out there from people doing the courses...lots of people have created WhatsApp groups and they are so helpful and reassuring. The course content itself has lots of information in it and also provides you of links where you can find more if you need it!
In hindsight, I do wish I started this course in a college setting as I feel like I personally need a kick up the arse with work....I really have to discipline myself to study, however I am surprising myself that I can and am doing this.
Timelines are good for the units to be handed in and the relief of handing a unit in and passing it is such a good feeling!
I would recommend LD as I personally have had no issues with them.
Cmelissa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by timdr500)

Hi guys,

Thanks very much!
hi, im currenlty doing a HE midwifery access course with them and its great, just the lack of support is a joke.i think it depeonds on what unit/assessor you get, some help more and some dont.

but i did develeopmental psychology level 2 and the support from the tutor i got was amazing, coundlt flaut her.

ps yes its all done online
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Good luck
Arden University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello!

I teach on an Access to HE program - both Nursing and Social Sciences, and I will say that there are some good online providers out there. However, compared to the retention and success rates on Access programs with either a 3 day college attendance or blended learning structure, they tend to be much, much weaker. Particularly for people who have been out of education for a while. Have you thought about talking to your local FE college?

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (107)
27.58%
England (132)
34.02%
Belgium (30)
7.73%
Germany (41)
10.57%
Spain (8)
2.06%