The Student Room Group

Advice for Year 13?

Last week I got my AS results, and I didn't do as well as I had hoped. I'm just really disappointed because I did so well at my GCSEs compared to this. It's not like I didn't revise or take it seriously, because I actually revised so much, I just don't know what happened :frown:

Does anyone have any tips for starting Year 13? Any advice on how to make it even more successful than Year 12? Also, I'm very disheartened at the moment about this and I was wondering if anyone had been in a similar situation to me in Year 12, and how you overcame it? I just totally lost all my confidence in my work :frown:

I know it's a bit early to be asking for Year 13 advice, but I just want to prepare myself as early as I can so this doesn't happen again.
Original post by Anonymous
Last week I got my AS results, and I didn't do as well as I had hoped. I'm just really disappointed because I did so well at my GCSEs compared to this. It's not like I didn't revise or take it seriously, because I actually revised so much, I just don't know what happened :frown:

Does anyone have any tips for starting Year 13? Any advice on how to make it even more successful than Year 12? Also, I'm very disheartened at the moment about this and I was wondering if anyone had been in a similar situation to me in Year 12, and how you overcame it? I just totally lost all my confidence in my work :frown:

I know it's a bit early to be asking for Year 13 advice, but I just want to prepare myself as early as I can so this doesn't happen again.

Hi there!
I was in exactly the same situation as you when I was at college. I got my AS results and I thought I would have done better, but to be honest, I did revise, but maybe not as much as I should have. Don't feel too disheartened, you still have a chance to turn that around!

I went back to Year 13 with a clear head, I felt motivated. My tip would be to make sure you understand everything as you go along, you could do this by going back through your work in an evening, and ensuring you understand, rather than just remember what you have been taught. Understanding means that you can apply the knowledge to exam questions. Another good tip would be to google practise questions for each subject and topic, also try finding some exam style questions, this will get you used to the types of questions and uderstanding what the examiners are looking for. One last tip would be to not leave revising too late. Lastly, stay positive! I achieved all C's at AS and achieved BBC at A2, so it is possible to lift your grades!
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
Reply 2
Hi,
I'm about to go into yr13. I got decent results but they have a lot of room for improvement. What I'm going to do is randomly select a topic each night and make flashcards to revise from later in the year, even if I only spend 15 minutes every night its better than nothing. Also Id advise you to read ahead now all of the course material for next year so when it come round to doing it in class you have a head start. I was doing this and have found that a lot of next years stuff isnt too difficult but as I sometimes struggle to focus in class this is like a backup just in case.

Good luck next year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending