Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone doing their coursework on?
    How much have you done?
    Do you hate doing coursework? I do!

I'm doing mine on crime in rural and urban areas, so comparing crime levels, types, distributions etc. That's if i can find some data for it!! I have to do the rationale by Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Hey...

I'm doing Sociology coursework as well: Here is my title:

“The reason why students from ‘professional’ socio-economic backgrounds do better in their GCSE’s than other students from lower socio-economic backgrounds is because their parents encourage high educational aspirations, owing to their own successful experiences educationally, that have led them to their high socio-economic classification."

I following a similar route to J.W.B.Douglas (1964).

It is well boring, I hate looking for contexts... How many do you have so far?

Jason

ReputationRep:
    Just passed my A2, so did mine last year. It was on the fun topic of

“Faith in traditional religion is declining in modern youth, yet being replaced by a wider spirituality”

Was actually really interesting - but context was a bugger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE PROPHETOR!)
    Hey...

I'm doing Sociology coursework as well: Here is my title:

“The reason why students from ‘professional’ socio-economic backgrounds do better in their GCSE’s than other students from lower socio-economic backgrounds is because their parents encourage high educational aspirations, owing to their own successful experiences educationally, that have led them to their high socio-economic classification."

I following a similar route to J.W.B.Douglas (1964).

It is well boring, I hate looking for contexts... How many do you have so far?

Jason

Hey mine is similar to that!!!!!!! Diane Reay, Douglas etc is my context. Sort of like the cultural capital thing, I just think it's nice and easy to write about. I don't get why you guys are starting it now though! I think our coursework is near the end of the year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii17)
    Hey mine is similar to that!!!!!!! Diane Reay, Douglas etc is my context. Sort of like the cultural capital thing, I just think it's nice and easy to write about. I don't get why you guys are starting it now though! I think our coursework is near the end of the year!
    I was going to do something like that and i want to change my idea back to that now, not sure if i'll be allowed though! We're doing the coursework from now til like March! Religion exam in Jan, Crime in June. Not too bad a year really!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii17)
    Are you going to do questionnaires or interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if A2 coursework is compulsory? I'm about to start the A2 course in an evening class (2 hours a week) and last year we did the ultra-dull research methods exam instead of coursework. Is there an option to do an exam instead this year too?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.