Saoirsedoherty
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've got my AS results in biology, RE and geography - ECB!!! I'm planning on applying to Primary Teaching with QTS, is this out of the question with the predicted grades I'm bound to have? If so would there be any point repeating or should i leave myself with 16 exams next summer??
lowza
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What are the entry requirements for your course?

I generally go by the fact that you're likely to be able to obtain 1 grade above your AS results at A2. So, if you can get in with DBA and are prepared to work for that, then I wouldn't worry about retaking.

If you need higher than that, then I would retake.

Be optimistic though! Let it be motivation to work really hard next year and get amazing results. Good luck
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just tagging in some people who might have some advice for you
University of Surrey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saoirsedoherty)
I've got my AS results in biology, RE and geography - ECB!!! I'm planning on applying to Primary Teaching with QTS, is this out of the question with the predicted grades I'm bound to have? If so would there be any point repeating or should i leave myself with 16 exams next summer??
Hi Saoirsedoherty,

I've had a quick look on the UCAS course finder and from what I can see, Primary Teaching with QTS is available at a number of unis, which have different entry requirements. For example, Edge Hill and the Uni of Brighton ask for BBB, while Birmingham City Uni asks for BBC. Stranmillis asks for AAB, while other unis such as Sheffield Hallam ask for a certain number of UCAS points.

If you think that you can get your grades up to meet the entry requirements for some of the courses, and that your teachers would give you the predicted grades, then I would give it a go. If you think it's too much of an ask, then it might be best to repeat.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of ways into teaching - you can do a 3 year degree and then a PGCE, or perhaps do an Access course and then gain entry to a teaching degree through that. There's also the option of doing Teach First, School Direct or SCITT. Have a look at this article to find out more about the different routes you can take.

Hope this helps and good luck in the world of teaching!

All the best,
Ashley
Saoirsedoherty
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks everyone for the advice, feeling a lot more positive Hoping to apply to LJMU, Birmingham, Edge Hill, and Brighton as my HOY thinks i can work my way up to an ABB! Lot of work to do this year!! Thanks again <3
University of Surrey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saoirsedoherty)
Thanks everyone for the advice, feeling a lot more positive Hoping to apply to LJMU, Birmingham, Edge Hill, and Brighton as my HOY thinks i can work my way up to an ABB! Lot of work to do this year!! Thanks again <3
Best of luck Saoirse! :suith:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (167)
61.4%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.04%
No- I want it (74)
27.21%
No- I don't want it (20)