The Student Room Group

BMAT for french students

Hi!

I'm in a french school, I want to apply for undergraduate medicine and I will take the BMAT. Does anyone know someone french who took the BMAT and got into British medical school after Baccalauréat? I'm having trouble finding someone who can tell me how to prepare and succeed in the test when you're not in the UK education system.

Thank you I appreciate the help!
Hey, I don't know anyone French but I'm Finnish and had to figure out everything by myself so I'm happy to answer any questions if I can help you in some way!

With regards to the BMAT, the past papers on the admissions testing service website are absolute gold. Make sure you understand the mistakes you make while practicing with them. Many people also get some book/online resource with practice questions.
Original post by StationToStation
Hey, I don't know anyone French but I'm Finnish and had to figure out everything by myself so I'm happy to answer any questions if I can help you in some way!

With regards to the BMAT, the past papers on the admissions testing service website are absolute gold. Make sure you understand the mistakes you make while practicing with them. Many people also get some book/online resource with practice questions.

Oh okay! Where are you studying now? Did you have to ask for help to study for the BMAT? How early did you start working for it? How did you deal with lessons that you hadn't done in your school?
Original post by Rita21
Oh okay! Where are you studying now? Did you have to ask for help to study for the BMAT? How early did you start working for it? How did you deal with lessons that you hadn't done in your school?

I'll start studying at King's in a few weeks! I also got an offer from Exeter. My BMAT was very good and I got an interview from Oxford which was my only BMAT uni.

I started working sort of gradually. I did a few past papers already in the spring and a little bit of something in the summer but started working a few hours a day in October. Did the vast majority of prep in October.

You'll find an assumed subject knowledge guide on the admissions testing service website. It's useful for making sure you know all the stuff they expect you to have covered. Personally I found that the toughest part of not having studied in the UK was not the content but the language. (Would've gotten 9 in s2 if I had remembered which is the ureter and which is the urethra 😬 am still bitter lol) Maybe trying to read as much as possible in English before the test would help with this.

I didn't ask for help. Getting someone to e.g. read your essays might be helpful.

Good luck with applying!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending