The Student Room Group

More than a million UK children have been fingerprinted.

Not always with the parents consent. Not knowing that they are within their rights to refuse.
Source? what? What am I meant to do with a title and a line? Idek what they're being fingerprinted for man jeez gimme a break
I think you are thinking about the pretend scandal of kids providing ONE print of ONE finger in order to buy lunch or show attendance. You provide no context though, so just to mess with your head bear in mind that kids are fingerprinted just like adults when they are suspected of committing a crime, they are also printed when they enter many countries, or even enter this one.

Civil liberties organisations like to make a bit of a big deal out of all this but, as long as the prints are deleted after they are no longer needed, and as long as children know they can refuse to provide a print ... what's the issue?
Original post by Yoyo9
Not always with the parents consent. Not knowing that they are within their rights to refuse.

As far as I'm concerned they should have finger prints and DNA from every citizen and visitor to the country.

Saves a lot of time and money.

Blah blah personal liberties is the reply.... ok don't commit crimes
If the FBI ever catch me because I gave my damn fingerprint for electronic lunches I will kill myself!!!!
Reply 5
Original post by paul514
As far as I'm concerned they should have finger prints and DNA from every citizen and visitor to the country.

Saves a lot of time and money.

Blah blah personal liberties is the reply.... ok don't commit crimes

How do you define a crime?
Original post by Yoyo9
How do you define a crime?

Breaking a U.K. Law obviously

Right ok cheers.

Schools should've asked for consent but otherwise it's not huuugely different from places that use cards. Not as scandalous as it could've been.
More than a million UK children have been fingerprinted

Quite right too,the theiving little blighters!

Quick Reply

Latest