Naomi67
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've read in a few places that the results on Thursday will be numbers, 9 being the highest -1 being the lowest, instead of grade A*- U?? Anyone know anything about this
readingcath
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, for English and Maths grades will be from 9-1 on Thursday
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...es-coming-soon

Unless you're in Wales... Wales are sticking with the A*-G grading. And in Northern Ireland it apparently depends on the exam board you're sitting!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-39490307
liam12345677
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh. My. God.

I feel really bad for you if your teachers didn't bother to inform you of this but seriously I don't know how you wouldn't have heard about this previously. English lit/lang and Maths have been reformed for this year's GCSE exam sitting so yeah, your maths/English grade will be from 9-1 or a U (hopefully not a U though!) A 4 is a pass, a 5 is a 'high pass', a 6 is the same as a B, a 7 is an A, an 8 is an A*, and a 9 is the top 3-5% of the country, so think of it as a stronger A*.

Every other GCSE exam you get a result for though will be A*-G.
BlueHighlighter
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not sure where you've been if you haven't heard about those changes. Have your teachers just not told you about those changes? For this years cohort, Maths & English will both be graded nine-to-one. With nine being the highest grade, and one the lowest. All subjects will follow this for next year.
Attached files
number0
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not everyone has changed to the numbers tho, i still got maths and english A* - U
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Naomi67)
I've read in a few places that the results on Thursday will be numbers, 9 being the highest -1 being the lowest, instead of grade A*- U?? Anyone know anything about this
Jesus Christ man. I expect you're not doing the 9-1 course as you would likely know, but if you didn't know and you are doing 9-1 - you're done for
Fighter365
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cant believe ppl still dont know this
Haider_A
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It could be that the OP has done Maths/English GCSE'S a year early, so they would've followed the old grading system (A*-U) and they may just be asking out of curiosity. I'd highly doubt that there is someone who done the 9-1 GCSE'S without knowing about the new reforms...
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tagging in [email protected] to help you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (87)
24.37%
No (270)
75.63%

Watched Threads