Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Baby girl burned alive by own father in Bangladesh. Dear God. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just read this. I think it was a few days ago. I just now saw a link to it. I think the original article was in the Mirror or Star. I didn't read the whole article. I didn't want to. What little I read said the father burned his 9 month old daughter alive because he was enraged because he wanted a son. I was actually just about to go to bed then read this by mistake. I just want to cry. Sorry. This has really got to me.

ReputationRep:
    It's another "low IQ savages kill each other" episode.

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't he just go the whole way, devouring her flesh and offering her up as a sacrifice to Satan? I mean, what's the bloody difference?

ReputationRep:
    No doubt he is gonna get the death penalty for that, in Bangladesh if you murder someone you will most likely get the death penalty which is exactly what this scum deserves.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thedailystar.net/opinion/...ladesh-1450642

It is actually a very interesting insight into South Asian culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cæsar)
    It's another "low IQ savages kill each other" episode.
    Are you saying the baby girl was also a "low IQ savage"?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    http://www.thedailystar.net/opinion/...ladesh-1450642

It is actually a very interesting insight into South Asian culture.
    That's disgusting. If that's what South Asian culture is about then it should have no place in the modern world.

ReputationRep:
    not really a surprise hearing this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    Are you saying the baby girl was also a "low IQ savage"?
    Really bothered me as well that he said that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Although there is no justifiable motive for this attack; the reason seems ridiculous. Things like this have unfortunately happened before and it's usually because a domestic issue between the parents. There was a baby who was murdered in my area because of domestic dispute I believe, unfortunately these things are more common than you'd think because of cruel people in the world.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Bangladeshi. This is so upsetting. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    not really a surprise hearing this
    No, sadly it isn't. I remember a story from a while ago about a girl from pakistan being gang-raped and forced to walk down a street naked; I think it was because her brother had a relationship with the wrong person. It's makes you lose faith in humanity.

ReputationRep:
    OK I understand girls are practically worthless compared to boys in some cultures. But why on earth did they not simply give her up for adoption, or leave it outside some clinic where she would be found or something ? Was that really necessary? What kind of monster would do that to any child, let alone their own? I'm so, so upset by this.

ReputationRep:
    Scares the s**t out of me. That was his own child! But it really shock me even though a lot of father don't send their daughters to school and end up marrying them off very young.It even happened her in England just over a hundred years ago. I heard that some parents in china would kill their daughter or abort them (until China band people from knowing the gender before the child was born) because they were seen as 'maggots in the rice' as my teacher put it. But I'm not sure how true this is because my teacher was really strange (once we were learning about china then she started talking about the middle east)
    But a nine month old baby is too far as. You would have though he would have bounded with her after nine months!
    Its okay to cry though. Its better not to hold it in only makes you feel like rubbish inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Although there is no justifiable motive for this attack; the reason seems ridiculous. Things like this have unfortunately happened before and it's usually because a domestic issue between the parents. There was a baby who was murdered in my area because of domestic dispute I believe, unfortunately these things are more common than you'd think because of cruel people in the world.
    If you read the article posted above by Meany Pie you'll realise that this is common in Bangladeshi because of the culture - these kinds of things are not random in South Asian cultures and are not related to domestic issue, it is due to a sexist societal mindset called "son preference" that they have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    OK I understand girls are practically worthless compared to boys in some cultures. But why on earth did they not simply give her up for adoption, or leave it outside some clinic where she would be found or something ? Was that really necessary? What kind of monster would do that to any child, let alone their own? I'm so, so upset by this.
    lol, thats a bit harsh dont you think?

also true i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaliaV)
    No, sadly it isn't. I remember a story from a while ago about a girl from pakistan being gang-raped and forced to walk down a street naked; I think it was because her brother had a relationship with the wrong person. It's makes you lose faith in humanity.
    oh no, pakistan and its backward thinking

😭😭😭😭😨
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    oh no, pakistan and its backward thinking
    If it was the brother in the wrong why wasn't he gang raped instead?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.