The Student Room Group

A Level Remarks 2017

After consistently getting A's and A* throughout the year in AQA psychology I was shocked to find out that I got a C overall in my exams. I felt that they went very well, I looked at unofficial mark schemes and I got close to or even exactly what was said.

Now I have gone through the process of getting remarks. Have there been any experiences of people going from a C to an A/A* grade after a remark.

Scroll to see replies

Same!! I was so surprised when I saw a C,I thought if anything the least I would get was a B. I might send it off for remark because I did so well for paper 1+2. Have u sent it off for remark yet?
Reply 2
Original post by thatfufelame
Same!! I was so surprised when I saw a C,I thought if anything the least I would get was a B. I might send it off for remark because I did so well for paper 1+2. Have u sent it off for remark yet?

Yeah I am sending all 3 off tomorrow for a priority remark. If my grade goes up I will be so angry as it cost me my firm university
hi people i was just wondering i just recently finished my gsces but my sixth form allowed me to do 2 a levels and 2 btecs, is that even possible?
Biology AS Level
Chemistry AS Level
ICT BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma -changing this to btec level 3 national extended computer science
Science BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma - changing this to A level financial studies
Reply 4
Original post by ArjunMepa
hi people i was just wondering i just recently finished my gsces but my sixth form allowed me to do 2 a levels and 2 btecs, is that even possible?
Biology AS Level
Chemistry AS Level
ICT BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma -changing this to btec level 3 national extended computer science
Science BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma - changing this to A level financial studies

I have heard people do two a levels and a btec but dunno about two alevels and two btecs
i know right i just copied and pasted from my email its weird that they allowed me but what level btec did they do alongside their 2 a levels
Original post by efeff
After consistently getting A's and A* throughout the year in AQA psychology I was shocked to find out that I got a C overall in my exams. I felt that they went very well, I looked at unofficial mark schemes and I got close to or even exactly what was said.

Now I have gone through the process of getting remarks. Have there been any experiences of people going from a C to an A/A* grade after a remark.

My heart goes out to you it must be so sad and daunting, you'll be in my prayers that your remark goes up to an A* please let me know the outcome!
Reply 7
Original post by ArjunMepa
i know right i just copied and pasted from my email its weird that they allowed me but what level btec did they do alongside their 2 a levels

Level 3
Reply 8
Original post by chris2791
My heart goes out to you it must be so sad and daunting, you'll be in my prayers that your remark goes up to an A* please let me know the outcome!

Cheers Man
Reply 9
So I got 145 in A level Biology and the A is 147. Do you guys think I should go for a remark?
Reply 10
Original post by hw1221
So I got 145 in A level Biology and the A is 147. Do you guys think I should go for a remark?

Yeah. You are high enough into a B that you wont somehow drop to a C. Worth the risk in my opinion, but at the end of the day it is your call
Reply 11
Original post by efeff
Yeah. You are high enough into a B that you wont somehow drop to a C. Worth the risk in my opinion, but at the end of the day it is your call

Thanks i'll have a think :smile:
I LITERALLY RELATE 100%. I got 96% in my mock and revised so much more for the real thing and got a B?!?!?!?!🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Reply 13
Original post by Dazza happy
I LITERALLY RELATE 100%. I got 96% in my mock and revised so much more for the real thing and got a B?!?!?!?!🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Are you considering a remark?
Original post by efeff
Are you considering a remark?

I have already payed and handed in the remark papers to my school so I HOPE it all works out. I'm just lucky that my uni only wanted a B...but literally had a shock 😅x
Original post by hw1221

I had 146 and have just received my remark today. I sent in paper one and my overall score went up to 148 and therefore an A. It's definitely worth sending in biology, best of luck.
Reply 16
Original post by Dazza happy
I have already payed and handed in the remark papers to my school so I HOPE it all works out. I'm just lucky that my uni only wanted a B...but literally had a shock 😅x

All the best with your remark 😊
I got a politics paper remarked. I initially had 82/100 and needed 88/100 for an overall A*. Got it back today and got 88/100 - so an A* overall!
Reply 18
Original post by jamestg
I got a politics paper remarked. I initially had 82/100 and needed 88/100 for an overall A*. Got it back today and got 88/100 - so an A* overall!

Congrats
Reply 19
Original post by Rahul_rps
I had 146 and have just received my remark today. I sent in paper one and my overall score went up to 148 and therefore an A. It's definitely worth sending in biology, best of luck.

How did you decide which paper to remark? That's great news and well done on the A! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest