The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wouldn't... Simply because from what I've heard there are disadvantages with reapplying to the same college twice.

And anyway, Clare's not that good :wink: :tongue:
Reply 2
Clare did seem to like you, and it's tempting to say GO FOR CLAREEEE just so there's another Clareite. Hm I'm not sure, best bet is get the admissions tutor to say something on it and judge by his words/tone I guess.
Reply 3
or just apply to Emma!!!!!!

no...i'd follow fishpastes advice...phone the college or something.
Reply 4
Yeah, that's good advice. Ring the admissions office and charm the admissions tutor so they talk to you off the record :smile:
Reply 5
Nicky, isn't there someone at Sidney who was pooled first time round and re-applied to Sidney?

It's certainly more common for people to apply to a different college though. If you really like your first choice then I'd be tempted to say go for it anyway. They did like you enough to pool you, so it's probably a case of not having enough room to take you first time round.
Reply 6
Yes, Ruth - she was actually pooled and rejected from Clare first time around. But she is a natsci so it isn't a TOTAL coincidence :smile:
Unless there is a really good reason for applying to the same college I would be inclined to apply for another. The reason would be that they will probably compare you to how you did last year and if they don't think that there's enough change they might reject you. I know it's not fair but that may be the case.

MB
I wouldn't apply to the same college again. If you were pooled there it means you were good enough to be there, but there weren't enough places available. And this year's applicants are going to be of a slightly higher calibre - more of them with straight As, and pushing all the right buttons...
Reply 9
MadNatSci
Yes, Ruth - she was actually pooled and rejected from Clare first time around. But she is a natsci so it isn't a TOTAL coincidence :smile:

No, I meant applied to Sidney and applied again the second year. All the other people I know have gone to different colleges second time round. Argh, who was it?
Oooh, I didn't know anyone had done that...?
Reply 11
If Clare liked you that much when you first applied, they'd have accepted you. I know you got really great feedback, and you did get pooled, but nothing came of it, so I wouldn't base all your hopes on any assumptions you might make about Clare. While of course I love the place, if Cambridge is as important to you as it seems, I think you should apply somewhere a little less popular - not the least subscribed college where it's "easiest" to get in, just somewhere that isn't the most popular one!
Reply 12
statistically speaking emma was more popular than clare last year.....ha helenia you havent got me with the clare love just yet!!!!! :smile:
Reply 13
Willa
statistically speaking emma was more popular than clare last year.....ha helenia you havent got me with the clare love just yet!!!!! :smile:

One of the most popular then :rolleyes:

Though with students like you, Emma's crown could be slipping soon :tongue:
Helenia

yes, it will slip when we sspray-paint the ducks.

MB
Reply 15
Helenia

unfortunately I fear this to be all too true
Reply 16
I have heard it recommended that you reapply to a different college. Remember they're more alike than they are different supposedly. :smile:
I don't see why it should matter but then again this is Cambridge for you.
Reply 18
Surely applying to the same college for the same subject would just mean a repeat of what happened last year??
MrKeen
Surely applying to the same college for the same subject would just mean a repeat of what happened last year??

Why?

Latest