The Student Room Group

Alone on Christams in London? what should I do?

I started a thread earlier but got moved to wrong career's thread cuz I used the word volunteering. oops

i'll probly go more general and ask.

I'm new to london, and being far away from home, i'm most likely to stay here in london over the christmas period.
my friends will be off home and i'm hesitant to join any of them with their families for christmas as i don't like the idea of intruding into other's family festivities.

anyways so i'll likely to be in london over christmas,
just wondering what a solo can do in london during christmas?
I was thinking of volunteering but i'm preferably searching for something I can do with people around my age (20~25) so i can meet new people.

oh and i'm asking for activities other than the obvious suggestions people wil say i.e. "go get drunk etc"
:hugs:
I have no idea about places, but volunterring sounds like a great idea buddy. Good on yu.
I actually agree with the volunteering thing! I'm sure there would be quite a few youths doing it and you would really feel like you've accomplished something meaningful. How far away are your family? During the day it may be harder to find solo things to do but at night there are loads of big celebrations across london depending on what you're into - loads of people celebrate around that big xmas tree norway give to london each year (not sure where it is sorry!) and sing, or else go to the ice rink or go to a nice pub for a drink - I'd imagine there are actually quite a few people in your predicament, particularly international students at your uni, maybe you could plan something together?
Reply 3
Is there a local salvation army or soup kitchen or something near you? They're always looking for people to help out :-)
Go help at a soup kitchen :biggrin:
Reply 5
medical trials (i am required by law to make an inappropriate suggestion)

anyway, i'm spending christmas alone on the other side of the world (almost) so i know the feeling.
Reply 6
Good on you.

I agree with finding a soup kitchen. Maybe there is a homeless shelter near you. I think it would be fun helping with Christmas lunch :smile:

When I am no longer obligated to spend Christmas with my family I'm going to get volunteering. Its a very Christmassy thing to do I think.
Reply 7
i think it's an amazing idea. i'm working this christmas, i'd much rather be volunteering. contact you local salvation army. im sure there will be a great atmosphere at xmas xx

Latest

Trending

Trending