The Student Room Group

02:08 and I'm thinking about this, what's your opinion this is mine.

Nothing has happened. I'm in a happy place and relationship however.

Would you take your boyfriend back if he was talking to girls but not physically. Flirting in real life or social media. Perhaps extent or calling them. Do you class this as cheating.
Original post by Jennifer303

Would you take your boyfriend back if he was talking to girls but not physically. Flirting in real life or social media. Perhaps extent or calling them. Do you class this as cheating.

That's very subjective, what do you mean exactly by flirting? Because I wouldn't count being friendly toward someone as flirting.

Obviously it would depend on why they were calling the other person.

There's nothing wrong with a partner talking to the opposite sex as long as nothing sinister is going on.
Reply 2
Original post by Cubone-r
That's very subjective, what do you mean exactly by flirting? Because I wouldn't count being friendly toward someone as flirting.

Obviously it would depend on why they were calling the other person.

There's nothing wrong with a partner talking to the opposite sex as long as nothing sinister is going on.

Flirting as in calling them beautiful stuff like that. And let's say your in a 2+ year relationship with them.
Flirting as in calling them beautiful stuff like that. And let's say your in a 2+ year relationship with them.

If they're calling them beautiful with that winky face stuff, then that is definitely being unfaithful - I would ask them why they were doing that with someone else? Especially in a committed relationship.
Reply 4
Original post by Cubone-r
If they're calling them beautiful with that winky face stuff, then that is definitely being unfaithful - I would ask them why they were doing that with someone else? Especially in a committed relationship.

And then do what. Because I'm 10% take them back 90% not because it would defiently put me off.
TIL emojis = cheating
And then do what. Because I'm 10% take them back 90% not because it would defiently put me off.

It depends how much you trust the other person - if they're talking to someone else like that, you don't know if they have met up in person and done "stuff".

I'd lean on the side of caution and perhaps maybe give the relationship a break so you can get your thoughts together and think about whether you really want to be with a person like that.
Unless they were close friends I'd be very hurt and advise you not to take them back, but from personal experience I never follow my own advice and always end up taking them back haha. Depends how much you love the person/are in invested in the relationship
Reply 8
Original post by queenofmediocre
Unless they were close friends I'd be very hurt and advise you not to take them back, but from personal experience I never follow my own advice and always end up taking them back haha. Depends how much you love the person/are in invested in the relationship

True. Well I'm not in that position I was just thinking imagine I went through this how would u react 👍🏽
Yeah I'd leave him from what you've said. I won't be with anyone who disrespects me or the relationship. And to me, going behind your partners back and messaging/calling other girls to flirt with them and call them beautiful is being disrespectful to your partner. Screw that. I'd rather be with someone who actually wanted to be with just me, and was content with just that.

Talking but not flirting. Caling them. So basically... being friends with girls.

If you're thinking about "taking back" your* boyfriend, I assume you and he have broken up... because he had other female friends? This being the case, you need to as yourself if he will take you back.

* I know you're talking hypothetically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending