The Student Room Group

Does cosmetic surgery make you a fraud?

Hi,

So I've been thinking this over for a while now, but I'm pretty sure that I want to get a nose job. I dislike my nose as it is, because I feel like it's too wide and not too structured.

What's slightly bothering me though is the idea that undergoing plastic surgery makes you a fraud, because it's not you as you naturally were. Like most other people who do it, I'd do it to make myself feel/look better, but my confidence wouldn't really improve if I were now fake.

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

No you have control over your own face

Your just taking advantage of modern technology to be able to modify your face the way you like. I don't get the stigma behind facial surgery
No more than putting on make-up or dyeing your hair. It's just more extreme obviously. If it makes you happy, then that's the main thing. Just remember to do your research first
No I got plastic surgery. Tbh if you're having second thoughts then you should wait a while before you decide to book a consultation. Please make sure to go to a good surgeon instead of a cheap one.
Original post by $arah
No I got plastic surgery. Tbh if you're having second thoughts then you should wait a while before you decide to book a consultation. Please make sure to go to a good surgeon instead of a cheap one.

your new username makes you seem like a gold digger :rofl:
same lol

no it's the same as doing make up etc except your nose will still look good when you come out the shower lol
Original post by Angry Bird
your new username makes you seem like a gold digger :rofl:

Smh 😩
Do people point it out?

It could be that it's not really as had as you think.
Reply 8
Original post by $arah

You did? Never knew that, how did it turn out? :smile:
Reply 9
Yes, it does. I despise people with cosmetic surgery, you're just ruining/mutilating your natural body. Nose surgery can make it harder or even completely block breathing through your nose, is that what you want? How about 50 years down the line, do you realise how ridiculous you will look? As the rest of your face ages normally, your plastic looking nose will stand out like a sore thumb. Why do you care if your nose is too wide? NO ONE cares, everyone's too busy thinking about themselves to think "hmm, that random persons nose is 3mm too thick".

By getting cosmetic surgery, everyone that knows you (friends, family, coworkers, peers etc.) will just think of you as a vain, shallow, self-conscious and pretentious.

Don't get cosmetic surgery, you will regret it when your mind has matured.
Original post by Black Water
You did? Never knew that, how did it turn out? :smile:

Yeah. I'm still recovering atm but I really like how it looks
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
same lol

no it's the same as doing make up etc except your nose will still look good when you come out the shower lol

No, it's not the "same". You are mutilating your natural body in order to impress people that couldn't care less about your natural appearance.
Reply 12
Original post by $arah

That's good. :h: Did you have it done recently? No offence but your new name and avatar makes you look like a gold digger. :laugh: Don't take it offensively. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by $arah

Why, Just Why? Why ruin your body and waste thousands to mutilate your body? Nobody cares how you look and if they did, then is that really the type of company you want; Someone that judges your character by looks? smh
Original post by Black Water
That's good. :h: Did you have it done recently? No offence but your new name and avatar makes you look like a gold digger. :laugh: Don't take it offensively. :smile:

Rhinoplasty. Omg loool now I'm starting to regret my username
Yes. If by fraud you mean to potential partners, who you may ultimately have children with, that is essentially fraud.
Reply 16
Original post by $arah
Rhinoplasty. Omg loool now I'm starting to regret my username

Oh ok rhinoplasty. Don't worry, it isn't that bad. :wink:
Original post by isaac17
Why, Just Why? Why ruin your body and waste thousands to mutilate your body? Nobody cares how you look and if they did, then is that really the type of company you want; Someone that judges your character by looks? smh

Damnnn I did it for myself & its my body
Reply 18
Original post by $arah
Damnnn I did it for myself & its my body

You were bound to be attacked. :frown:
Having plastic surgery doesn't make you a fraud.

Wearing make up or dying your hair doesn't make you a fraud.

I don't know why people get so riled up about this, it's no one's business what you decide to do with your body.

Quick Reply

Latest