The Student Room Group

University

I am currently doing BTEC Health and social care Level 3. After finishing 6th form i want to go to university to become a midwife.

I finished my first year of 6th form and now some other students including my sister are saying that i can't go to university with a BTEC Subject or i have very few chance to be selected because i am doing BTEC. Now i am very scared and confused because i don't know what is true or what is not true.

If someone knows about this something pls answers. I am freaking out as i don't know what to do next.
You can most definitely go to university with a BTEC but is dependent on a few factors:
1. The university - Don’t be expecting a high rep university like Cambridge etc. and also don’t go for a course with no relevancy towards the BTEC e.g maths degree with a drama BTEC.
2. The grade of your BTEC - If you could tell me your grade then I could find you which universities you can apply to for midwifery by the early morning.

Overall, just look at the university course entry requirements.. do you have a preference of university or area to which you’d like to live? Reach back and I’ll be happy to help
- Dannymacintosh ✌🏻
Thanks for the advice. I did not get my grades yet so i have to wait. But still thanks for the help.
Original post by Strawberries22
I am currently doing BTEC Health and social care Level 3. After finishing 6th form i want to go to university to become a midwife.

I finished my first year of 6th form and now some other students including my sister are saying that i can't go to university with a BTEC Subject or i have very few chance to be selected because i am doing BTEC. Now i am very scared and confused because i don't know what is true or what is not true.

If someone knows about this something pls answers. I am freaking out as i don't know what to do next.

All the universities I looked at accepted BTEC for midwifery & nursing degrees.
You can double check by looking at the entry requirements on the university websites.

Quick Reply

Latest