The Student Room Group

HELP Panicking re student finance!

I recently changed my student finance application to show that I will be progressing into 3rd year as opposed to doing a placement (I had one confirmed but the opportunity fell through a month ago)

The application had said that these changes were being applied and as such I waited to see when my statement overview would become available. Despite This, today student finance have issued my old overview statement and with £630 being put into my bank account.. I am now very worried as this means in September I will not receive the right amount of tuition fees ! (1520 instead of 9000) and am suitably panicked after having believed all was well with the application.

Please can I have some advice asap on how to return this payment to sfe and how to cancel the application to re apply for 3rd year as my changes had intended!

Thanks,
Ellie
Original post by Ellie 244
I recently changed my student finance application to show that I will be progressing into 3rd year as opposed to doing a placement (I had one confirmed but the opportunity fell through a month ago)

The application had said that these changes were being applied and as such I waited to see when my statement overview would become available. Despite This, today student finance have issued my old overview statement and with £630 being put into my bank account.. I am now very worried as this means in September I will not receive the right amount of tuition fees ! (1520 instead of 9000) and am suitably panicked after having believed all was well with the application.

Please can I have some advice asap on how to return this payment to sfe and how to cancel the application to re apply for 3rd year as my changes had intended!

Thanks,
Ellie

How recently did you update your application? It can take up to 6 weeks for them to change it on the system.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
How recently did you update your application? It can take up to 6 weeks for them to change it on the system.

A few weeks ago. I totally get that but I'm panicked because they've given me a first payment of a bursary and obviously I don't need that money right now like I would if I were on a placement.
Calling them would be the best thing to do... that is, if you can find their number

Quick Reply

Latest