Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sixth Form Enrolment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who agree's with me that this enrolment technique sucks

i went to school wantint to enrol for a-levels for maths,history,biology and ICT.

It was my perfect choice.

But this is the way they handled it A- maths,history,chemistry

B-english,biology, dt
    C-ICT,Business Studies +other
    D-geography,physics +other

im so annoyed we could only pic one subject from each section and my subjects clashed like nearly every kids enroling did. How S*** is that so i had to change my subjects because of the timetable and they didn't even tell us this cause they know most of the kids would have moved schools and to right because i would have , had the chance to enrol at a grammer school! and i missed it coz i knew the teachers at my existing school wish i didnt even enrol now.

Thanks for your views

PS CHECK out my site in Signature

ReputationRep:
    That type of thing stopped me doing Business Studies at GCSE. Ah well.

I was lucky for my A levels

ReputationRep:
    That sucks! At my school we got sheets with what subjects the blocks were in right from the start. One of my friend's had to change 3 out of 4 of her subjects!

Is it still too late to go to the grammar?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    At my 6th form we chose our options, then they built the option blocks around us. So only a few people couldn't get their first choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    At my 6th form we chose our options, then they built the option blocks around us. So only a few people couldn't get their first choices.
    same as ours

ReputationRep:
    That is a stupid system, luckily my sixth form was willing to timetable any combination of subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])

i went to school wantint to enrol for a-levels for maths,history,biology and ICT.

B-english,biology, dt

im so annoyed we could only pic one subject from each section and my subjects clashed like nearly every kids enroling did. How S*** is that so i had to change my subjects because of the timetable and they didn't even tell us this cause they know most of the kids would have moved schools and to right because i would have , had the chance to enrol at a grammer school! and i missed it coz i knew the teachers at my existing school wish i didnt even enrol now.

Thanks for your views

That's so stupid. I'd complain.

ReputationRep:
    in our school, so many people wanted to do maths and computing that they set up an after school thing for us. it was ok i suppose, but we missed lessons sometimes cause of teacher-meetings or the fact that we just couldnt be arsed to hang around school for another 2 hours!!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That really sucks. I applied to my own school's 6th form and the local FE college. I really wanted to go to the college, but they stopped offering French because not enough people were taking it, and since that's the main subject I want to do, I'm going to sixth form. My school has the same system a couple of other people have mentioned, where people say what they want to do and they build the timetable around us so that as many people as possible get their first choices. I got all of mine luckily, and most of my friends also applying there did as well, so I think that's a much better system.

ReputationRep:
    That's mean.

I was lucky with my College, my 4 choices were all in different bands, so I'm able to take them without any clashes.

ReputationRep:

B-english,biology, dt

Thanks for your views

Yar, I had exactly the same problemo. I could only do one of the subjects I really wanted to do last year at AS level and ended up with two that im not very good at. It resulted in me ballsing up the whole year so im gonna have to work extra specially hard this year

ReputationRep:
    My college has that system too, its ok but they put the least popular subjects in one block i.e German, RE, French and English language. I had to change two of my options but i enjoyed the other subjects, maybe you will.

ReputationRep:

B-english,biology, dt

Thanks for your views

thats a bit poop if like everyone had issues. what my current school does is get everyones options, then computer generates the best timetable blocks, so only a few students have a problem.

god knows what my new school does, we don't enrole until the 8th o sept, then we start on 9th.

ReputationRep:
    That has to be one of the worst problems in sixth form

I wasted the first week since I couldn't do the subjects I wanted, but I ended up switching over to the school next door and doing them, lucky in that regard.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have to work out the bands for mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    That has to be one of the worst problems in sixth form

I wasted the first week since I couldn't do the subjects I wanted, but I ended up switching over to the school next door and doing them, lucky in that regard.
    thats good. but not everyone can switch colleges that easy.

that block system is absolute crap. we should have the right to do any subject we want! at any college!

ReputationRep:
    I had to re-enrol for A2 courses today. Since my college needs me to do 4 subjects, and won't recognise the AS Philosophy that I did in the first year at evening class and is being continued to A2, I had to put my name down for a course in Word Processing Level 2. Oh well, I'll be skipping those classes...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what they did at ours, it's a much better, fairer system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    Since my college needs me to do 4 subjects
    Why?

(Original post by Wise One)
    and won't recognise the AS Philosophy that I did in the first year at evening class
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    ditto

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.