The Student Room Group

Can't login in to Student Finance

I really need to login to change the university on my application and to also print my declaration before it's too late but when I go to the login page and click the "start now" button it just redirects me to the gov.uk homepage. I have tried this on google chrome and internet explorer and the same thing happens on both. Please help.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZeroBlake
I really need to login to change the university on my application and to also print my declaration before it's too late but when I go to the login page and click the "start now" button it just redirects me to the gov.uk homepage. I have tried this on google chrome and internet explorer and the same thing happens on both. Please help.

Hi ZeroBlake,

There are no on-line issues at the moment, so logging into your account should be fine. Make sure you're using a PC or laptop as our system is not compatible with apple products.

Thanks Catherine
I am having the same problem, is there a solution to this?
Reply 3
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi ZeroBlake,

There are no on-line issues at the moment, so logging into your account should be fine. Make sure you're using a PC or laptop as our system is not compatible with apple products.

Thanks Catherine

Hi Catherine, I have tried again today on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer on my laptop and also on my Android phone with no luck. Is it possible to send me a link directly to the Student Finance login page?

Thank you,
Blake
Hi Catherine, I have tried again today on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer on my laptop and also on my Android phone with no luck. Is it possible to send me a link directly to the Student Finance login page?

Thank you,
Blake

Hi Blake,

Here's a link for the login page.

Thanks,

Stuart
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
I'm getting the same thing, just redirects to https://www.gov.uk/

Hi ZeroBlake,

This is a link to log in to your account

http://bit.ly/2ovwohp

If you are still having problems logging in to your account , give us a call and we can investigate the problem and we can send you a missing student signature form.

Call us on
Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

The declaration form would also have been sent to you, attached to your notification of entitlement letter.

Thanks Rona
Reply 7
I am having a similar problem as I keep trying to reset my password and then try the same with my email but it keeps coming up error. I have tried multiple times with no success. I need to apply asap as I have just started uni and don't have long left to apply. Can you help me please. Also I do not know my cfn number as you need it to ring up.
Original post by Rach2191
I am having a similar problem as I keep trying to reset my password and then try the same with my email but it keeps coming up error. I have tried multiple times with no success. I need to apply asap as I have just started uni and don't have long left to apply. Can you help me please. Also I do not know my cfn number as you need it to ring up.

Hi there,

Can you try logging in using a PC or Laptop, and Google Chrome? Let us know if that works!

Thanks,
Graeme
I'm also unable to login - having the same issue, Can someone help?
Original post by Garry Ellison
I'm also unable to login - having the same issue, Can someone help?

Hi Garry,

If you are having the same issue we would recommend you try the steps outlined above. If the issue still persists, you can give us a call and we can look into this further for you. You can call on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Andy
Also having the same problem, there must be an error somewhere as everyone keeps getting directed to a different page about Brexit on the gov website. Using either Chrome, Safari, a phone or a laptop is not making a difference, it is still redirecting.
Hello! I cannot log in to my student finance account. I have called SFE and I received a temporary password, but is still not working. It says
Original post by Ioana Alexandra
Hello! I cannot log in to my student finance account. I have called SFE and I received a temporary password, but is still not working. It says

Hi Ioana, please allow 24 hours. If it still doesn't work then please give us a call or send in a paper application form.
Thanks, Isaac.
Hi friend, I am a current student and have had finance for the past two years of university. However, due to the current COVID-19 crisis, my placement that i would be going into this upcomong acedemic year has been cancelled, - therefore my course has changed. (from the sandwich year version, to the standard 3 year). I cannot login to the Gov.uk/studentfinance link to acess my account to change this due to a constant server timeout error. - I have tried multipe devices with multiple browsers on each over the course of 2+ weeks. if someone could help me either change my course, help troubleshoot the login issues etc. or any other help, would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ryan_Sam117
Hi friend, I am a current student and have had finance for the past two years of university. However, due to the current COVID-19 crisis, my placement that i would be going into this upcomong acedemic year has been cancelled, - therefore my course has changed. (from the sadnwich year version, to the standard 3 year

Hi Ryan, you can change your course details when you apply.
Thanks, Isaac
Hey, did you fix this because I've applied for student finance but it wont let me click the link in my dads email so he can add his financial details. The deadline I think is May 22nd so I really need to get access to the website ASAP. I keep getting time out errors :frown:
Original post by aukettharry
Hey, did you fix this because I've applied for student finance but it wont let me click the link in my dads email so he can add his financial details. The deadline I think is May 22nd so I really need to get access to the website ASAP. I keep getting time out errors :frown:

Hi, are you using Virgin Media? Your dad can submit the paper form http://ow.ly/opMD30qijXx
Thanks, Isaac
Hi, I'm starting to panic because i havent applied for student finance yet and the deadline is the 22nd but whenever i try it says the page is down :frown: was just wondering if anyone knows why or could help.
Original post by SamanthaRB
Hi, I'm starting to panic because i havent applied for student finance yet and the deadline is the 22nd but whenever i try it says the page is down :frown: was just wondering if anyone knows why or could help.

Hi, are you using Virgin Media? You can download a paper application form to apply instead.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest